Woeful Journalism

Media not reporting the death of people, and instead reporting that they have “passed away”, is really creeping into factual news reports of late.

I think this is really poor journalism and it irks me.

“Passing away” is acceptable terminology in colour pieces about people who have died, but not in factual news reporting.

See news reports of Gillian Bowler’s death.

1 Like

One for the woeful sub editing sub head.

I have no idea what this is supposed to be. I only read it cause I saw the picture of Limerick

3 Likes

What the fuck :joy:

That is one of the most random articles I have ever seen.

Ridiculous. It was obviously boring and derivative but I thought it was at least building up to something. It just stops really suddenly. I don’t feel I really got to know Baz.

Didn’t think the man who developed the iPhone would need to worry about his rent

5 Likes

A software developer complaining about the cost of renting in Limerick.

“I want to be able to get up on a Saturday morning and walk into town.” What a harmless auld spud.

3 Likes

The text is just about 500 words though so obviously some editor just ruthlessly chopped a chunk off. End product is hilarious is must be said.

What is an I phone developer ??? I thought Apple do that ???

:sweat_smile:
It’s like a chat you’d have with a fella down the pub. It’s basically “man has reached the point in his life where he can afford to buy house in Limerick, hasn’t picked one yet though.”

1 Like

If he buys it will be in dooradoyle , caherdavin minor or Castletroy plus . He will burn serious shoe leather going to the Milk Market of a Saturday morning .

Surely he can come up with some sort of app to sort his problem out?

2 Likes

K2 is actually higher than Everest for a few months in Winter in any case. It gets more snow and ice and the build up increases the height by enough to surpass Everest.

good grief…

By the look of baz, he will be cycling the fixie into town.
Slowly.

Independent jumped the gun and misunderstood the court decision in Gilligan. Earlier headline said he won. Now saying he was not successful.

Mortifying.

2 Likes

I read this article so I could whinge about how Hegarty should play football for Limerick, but how does this make any sense?

1 Like

Playing in to the teeth of a gale ???