Women who like and attend sporting events

Marty Morrissey was covering for Tubbers this morning. He had a chap on who had done a survey about Ireland’s most admired sportsperson. Anyway it’s Conor McGregor. Marty then discussed women’s attitudes to sports and it turned out that twice as many women admired McGregor as admired Katie Taylor and that in general women don’t identify with sports women that much.

How sexist of them.

According to Today FM’s poll of the year, the top male and female sportspeople in Ireland in 2016 were Conor McGregor and Analise Murphy.

While I admire McGregor for his moxy, you can fuck off if UFC is a sport. As for sailing, fuck right off.

4 Likes

Sailing is a sport.

Chipper fighting is not a sport.

How the fuck was one of the toeing* twins nominated for sports personality of the year and not the other.

And no Tom Barr either.

This country is fucked.

*rowing

1 Like

End of year lists of “sports star of the year” or “goal of the year” have been destroyed by political correctness.

This is by far political correctness’s most malign and insidious influence on society.

Agreed. RTE giving equal or even greater standing to niche/minority activities and Paralympic achievements is harmless but it’s pretty daft.

Austin Gleeson is THE sports star of the year 2016. END OF.

1 Like

The Joe.ie demographic love CMG.

Rowing is a great sport .

Tom Barr’s sister is very cute .

2 Likes

One won a European after I guess.

Barr has been rammed.

Sailing is a form of transport.

5 Likes

One brother was a winner, the other wasn’t.
Barr not a winner.

I first noticed the insidious influence of political correctness on end of year sports lists when Valerie Mulcahy’s goal from a penalty in the 2005 All-Ireland ladies’ football final was nominated by TG4 for Gaelic football score of the year on the basis that “it was a well struck shot”, alongside such also-rans as Eoin Mulligan’s goal against Dublin and Peter Canavan’s goal in the All-Ireland final against Kerry.

I’ve been railing populistly against the influence of political correctness on end of year sporting lists ever since.

However amidst all the political correctness I also notice a sickening discrimination, as no Special Olympics athletes have ever been nominated for the RTE Sports Personality of the Year.

This is clearly as a result of a concerted campaign by vested interests from disabled sport who believe their participants are worthy of positive discrimination vis a vis able-bodied athletes, but that participants in sports for people with intellectual disabilities aren’t. It’s sickening to see one minority discriminating against another minority.

3 Likes

That’s was some joke alright. I hope he wins it and goes onstage and tells them to shove it up their hole

What did Jamie Heaslip win

Annalise Murphy won silver not gold

Reaching a track final in an Olympic Games bests winnng a camogie AI. Finishing fourth bests most domestic honours.

What did Joe Schmidt win or the NI or ROI football teams win.

I am seething

2 Likes

Sure one of them.beat the other one in the Olympics.

2 Likes

They are very good points. I was not aware of the complete list. I assume they have to include someone from every sport.

1 Like

Robbie Brady knows the standard he’s dealing with now. Scoring against Italy and France at the Euros and having a stormer against Sweden gives himself something to build on. The Kilkenny camogie lass was probably more consistent over the piece.

1 Like

Mcgregor included and the Irish Sports council refuse to recognize it as a sport