Women who like and attend sporting events

Agreed. RTE giving equal or even greater standing to niche/minority activities and Paralympic achievements is harmless but it’s pretty daft.

Austin Gleeson is THE sports star of the year 2016. END OF.

1 Like

The Joe.ie demographic love CMG.

Rowing is a great sport .

Tom Barr’s sister is very cute .

2 Likes

One won a European after I guess.

Barr has been rammed.

Sailing is a form of transport.

5 Likes

One brother was a winner, the other wasn’t.
Barr not a winner.

I first noticed the insidious influence of political correctness on end of year sports lists when Valerie Mulcahy’s goal from a penalty in the 2005 All-Ireland ladies’ football final was nominated by TG4 for Gaelic football score of the year on the basis that “it was a well struck shot”, alongside such also-rans as Eoin Mulligan’s goal against Dublin and Peter Canavan’s goal in the All-Ireland final against Kerry.

I’ve been railing populistly against the influence of political correctness on end of year sporting lists ever since.

However amidst all the political correctness I also notice a sickening discrimination, as no Special Olympics athletes have ever been nominated for the RTE Sports Personality of the Year.

This is clearly as a result of a concerted campaign by vested interests from disabled sport who believe their participants are worthy of positive discrimination vis a vis able-bodied athletes, but that participants in sports for people with intellectual disabilities aren’t. It’s sickening to see one minority discriminating against another minority.

3 Likes

That’s was some joke alright. I hope he wins it and goes onstage and tells them to shove it up their hole

What did Jamie Heaslip win

Annalise Murphy won silver not gold

Reaching a track final in an Olympic Games bests winnng a camogie AI. Finishing fourth bests most domestic honours.

What did Joe Schmidt win or the NI or ROI football teams win.

I am seething

2 Likes

Sure one of them.beat the other one in the Olympics.

2 Likes

They are very good points. I was not aware of the complete list. I assume they have to include someone from every sport.

1 Like

Robbie Brady knows the standard he’s dealing with now. Scoring against Italy and France at the Euros and having a stormer against Sweden gives himself something to build on. The Kilkenny camogie lass was probably more consistent over the piece.

1 Like

Mcgregor included and the Irish Sports council refuse to recognize it as a sport

He’s no Bridie Stack. That’s for sure.

1 Like

I suppose in a way it would be impossible to give Gary the award when Paul had the world title thrown in, is there a team of the year that they can winot?

Sweeney wrote seethingly about this recently.