Word of the Day

Nurdle

The amount of the small blob of toothpaste you apply to a toothbrush.

1 Like

pogonotomy

Cutting a beard, shaving

1 Like

Grinnow

a stain that has not come out of clothes in the wash that you only notice when you put them on

Expergefactor

something that wakes you up

exegesis- refers to a critical undersanding of a text
John Bercow used it last year, I used it last week when humiliating someone on a bridge ( call)

"now look , im not in any position ( damn right i was) to query your exegesis of the associated documentaion provided by Japan but it may be possible to conclude after examining what was said there may be fundamental issues with how your module approached the problem "

silence

2 Likes

Any word contain an X is class. I didn’t make that up. I read it in a book. So if you want to impress with a document, use words with lots of Xs. Verbally I don’t think it has the same impact though.

Gongoozle

To state idly at a canal or waterway

An urban description of a crowbanger…

3 Likes

Feague

shoving live eels up a horse’s arse. It could be used figuratively to mean to encourage or liven up somebody

1 Like

Cc @joeduffy

Egrote

To feign an illness to avoid work.

Drumble

To be sluggish, confused or lazy. to do something in a way that shows that one does not know what one is doing.

If Liverpool defenders continue to drumble, Chelsea will score another goal.

1 Like

Please desist from supplying additional words the might be appropriated to less than energetic forumites. The last 2 appear to be directed at certain individuals. :wink:

1 Like

Freck
To move swiftly or nimbly

There are a few lads on here who need to start to fecking freck a bit of the time.

1 Like

We have a few of these :joy:

Mumpsimus

A person who obstinately adheres to old customs or ideas in spite of evidence that they are wrong or unreasonable.

1 Like

schnapsidee

an idea that seems great when you’re drunk but is not so great when considered sober

Okta

the standard unit of measure of cloud cover
9 is too cloudy to see clouds

Rogitate

To ask a question repeatedly in the manner of a child

2 Likes

Pingle

To eat little without appetite

1 Like

Prime examples recently evidenced in the Murders in Ireland thread.

2 Likes