Words and phrases that are more commonly used on tfk than in real life

Would you believe it mate Iā€™ve a bit of Big Gaeilge action lined up for friday for myself. Itā€™ll be paying for the dont-tell-spidey holiday to italy this year.

3 Likes

Rosenborg

Prick

4 Likes

Stroopwafel

5 Likes

What is it exactly?

@Tim_Riggins Lean ar aghaidh

1 Like

Allegedly, a shadowy collection of GaeilgĆ³irs, Gaeiliscoilleanna, Irish language organisations and other assorted entities whose interest in promoting the Irish language isnā€™t driven by benevolent motivations rather than by feathering their own nests from the state coffers. Also, there is alleged discrimination against immigrants by Big Gaeilge.

But these seem to be the musings of one man who has a generally hostile view towards the Irish language, sport and culture in what may or may not be a wum.

11 Likes

Itā€™s @Fagan_ODowdā€™s term.

Iā€™m in favour of us all being able to speak it.

I am not in favour of it being used as a means of segregation and cosy jobs.

1 Like

Beautifully put! One small thing, could you please edit to add cosy teaching jobs whatever that might entail.

1 Like

Would a fella who gets employed to coach rugby(and a few PE classes) by a masonic private school be the epitome of ā€˜segregation and cosy jobsā€™?

Are you going cross threads now making further irrelevant arguments?

No. Im pointing out what a bizarre hypocrit you are.

For what? I havenā€™t dealt with your windmilling. How is your ordinance survey review of D6 going?

Any reference to the fry in heuston station. Only for this place i wpuldnt know it existed, never heard about it in the real world

1 Like

Itā€™s dirt

ā€œBoutiqueā€, especially ā€œboutique venueā€.

1 Like

bed in heaven

:thinking::thinking:

Concatenateā€¦