Work Motivation Techniques

3 Likes

I don’t know about this. Is there a narrative fallacy, appeal to probability, base rate fallacy here (cc @TheUlteriorMotive)?

Behaving somewhat differently in your personal life to your professional life is hardly unusual. You might put your feet up on a coffee table in your apartment when chatting to a pal but probably not at a meeting with a customer for example. It doesn’t mean you’re not being true to yourself though.

But I imagine faking actual job-required traits like conscientiousness, professionalism, attention to detail etc could end up being exhausting alright. You’d possibly end up taking punts on things and not having followed processes properly. That could become stressful.

5 Likes

Hardly the words you’d associate with a purported champion of LGBTQI+ rights

1 Like

Be the best version of yourself.

I think its aimed at the mental stresses of it all. Being fake is very hard work.

1 Like

Couldn’t disagree more.

Not saying you do or say absolutely everything that comes to mind, but pretending you are not who you are is hugely damaging. Everything gets easier when you accept who you are, faults and all.

Could you confirm please @ChocolateMice?

I’m not the TFK psychologist, pal… But common sense would say you can’t live a double life. Eventually, the truth ALWAYS comes out.

1 Like

And the longer you lie to yourself, or others, the harder it is to tell tge truth and the bigger the meltdown (if there is a female involved)

1 Like

We’re a forward looking group @caoimhaoin, most of us voted yes last year. You can tell us the truth even if it’s difficult to break it to her …

This is about Bandage tallback. Nobody else, i can wait.

1 Like

Kev has been in fine form lately

really putting Bandage to the sword with some insightful analysis of his personality

1 Like

I wasn’t asking you as TFK psychologist, mate.

Thanks for looking out for me, pal.

Thats absolutely no problem. Tough love is needed sometimes. I come from a position of people thinking i’m an asshole anyway, so i can take the hits to deliver a message.

Don’t do it @Bandage. If you tell all those guys you’re in the RA you’re fucked.

3 Likes

@Bandage - this could be you in Dublin, you could offer to run at walking pace for an extra fee

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/14/los-angeles-people-walker-chuck-mccarthy

McCarthy recently auditioned as a homicidal biker for a TV show, but the actor is finding glimmers of fame, and possibly a business franchise, with another role: Los Angeles’s first people walker.

He walks humans for $7 a mile around the streets and park near his home, pioneering an alternative to dog walking that requires no leash, just an ability to walk, talk and, above all, listen.

The idea initially struck the underemployed actor several months ago as a joke, an imaginary way to make extra cash, until it became real.

“The more I thought about it, the less crazy it seemed,” said McCarthy, draining a bottle of water – he now takes hydration seriously – and heading out into the sunshine for another walk, this time with the Guardian trotting in step.

A homemade scrawl across his T-shirt declared him The People Walker, low-budget, mobile advertising. “I’ve been doing walks almost every single day for the past week and I’m getting repeat clients, which is what you want.”

1 Like

Kev, does this mean that the Cark dj on the plane was right?

Who’s back lads. What was the fear like last night waiting for the alarm clock to go off.

1 Like

Back in. Did a gym session beforehand and walked back to the office with a whole new mental clarity.

Meeting a pal for dinner later. Will have a glass or two of red wine and be home before 10.

3 Likes