Work Motivation Techniques

I swore never to eat there again when they got rid of tommy guns mate

They must have been the hardest working deep fat fryers in Fingal

1 Like

Serious T-Bone steak all the same.

1 Like

How the hell do lads discipline themselves to WFH, I’ve taken weds & thurs to catch up on stuff at home, biggest step I’ve taken is to open the laptop yesterday and it’s still sitting on the coffee table untouched after being opened.
Here I am on TFK, I’ve bought a few new adidas tops on sportsdirect so far today … no work done. This isn’t working for me

That’s because you’re a people person. You thrive on human interaction. I thought about WFH this morning but I couldn’t be bothered. It’s pretend working.

Maybe that’s it. Too many distractions I suppose. It’ll definitely not for me anyway.

I can’t do it in daytime anyway.

Separate work location.
I use the slatted shed, it’s not perfect and the smell of shite can be overwhelming at times but I get shit done.

6 Likes

:joy:[quote=“KinvarasPassion, post:428, topic:3278, full:true”]
Separate work location.
I use the slatted shed, it’s not perfect and the smell of shite can be overwhelming at times but I get shit done.
[/quote]

My excuse this morning is that I’ve no paper for the printer. I’ll sit here now until noon and procrastinate, then it’ll be time for ATR… sure then the lads will be in from school. I’ll suffer for this next week and be full of regret for not doing anything, but I’m only human and easily distracted.

Not as bad as the smell off the shite you have to deal with.

1 Like

How productive is the average office worker employed by the man. Some days they’ll do a little and some days they’ll do a lot. Accept that’s how it goes when you’re working on your own. Try taking a day off, enjoy it and decide to make up for it over the next few days.
If that doesn’t work you’re probably banjaxed and might need to rethink.

1 Like

I read or heard somewhere last week that the average employee is about 60% productive

Internet access decimated office productivity. QED

Does Dunnes Stores still block internet access on work computers?

1 Like

They’d be lads not taking psyllium husk.

The average lad who takes psyllium husk is 200% productive. Your gut is your second brain. Once the husk kicks in you effectively operate with 2 brains so you could watch 60 minutes, for example, in half an hour.

4 Likes

You’re a disgrace

Although I’ve found the advent of whatsapp and company e-mail firewalls has decimated e-mail chains so swings and roundabouts.

I’ve sourced paper and printed off a few emails in lieu of a report type thing I should have for a meeting at 4:00pm. I’m on top of it now. A few calls to make at 12:00 and I’m sorted.

Key to being unproductive is being initially proactive in seeking work that nobody else does so you are the only person who actually knows the content and how unproductive you can be doing said work without anybody noticing …

3 Likes