Work Motivation Techniques

I do not

Good. It just sounded like it from your post.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 823536, member: 686”]Contracting at present.

Plenty of scope for going permanent at some stage but the money is nearly too good in contracting currently to make the switch to permanency.

3 or 4 years down the line… Middle management somewhere I’d imagine. bringing in maybe 20% more then what I am currently on. Possibility of extra stress, though probably still bored and living for the weekend as I currently am.[/quote]

Is there not a massive clampdown on contractors by HMRC in the Uk at the minute? Soon to be replicated here I’d imagine.

Incredible scenes

Living in Dublin for last 8 years or so. Have a good job and overpaid relative to market which is a trap in itself in that I’d love to go back to cork but would be looking at 30% paycut at least. Really enjoy my job which helps.

Fucking ridiculous cost to rent somewhere decent here. Would be half the price in Cork. Like the lifestyle but and missus has a perm job with the benefits (maternity) etc that go with that. Can’t walk away from it for the time being anyways.

Ability to go to Croke Park every weekend and loads of racing and rugby available within an hour also an advantage but the schools situation is a joke. Also looking at a grand a month for a crèche FFS!!

[quote=“dancarter, post: 823704, member: 122”]Living in Dublin for last 8 years or so. Have a good job and overpaid relative to market which is a trap in itself in that I’d love to go back to cork but would be looking at 30% paycut at least. Really enjoy my job which helps.

Fucking ridiculous cost to rent somewhere decent here. Would be half the price in Cork. Like the lifestyle but and missus has a perm job with the benefits (maternity) etc that go with that. Can’t walk away from it for the time being anyways.

Ability to go to Croke Park every weekend and loads of racing and rugby available within an hour also an advantage but the schools situation is a joke. Also looking at a grand a month for a crèche FFS!![/quote]

Could the missus do job sharing or something to keep her entitlements & spend more time at home?

fuck me but I am really hating my job right now. Shit job, shit pay, shit hours, there is not one redeeming factor from it other than the usual ‘oh sure you’re lucky to have a job’. company I’m with is so badly run from the top, that its basically 4 of us in the office who run it for 4 directors who havent a clue. I’m left doing the job of about 3 people in varying roles as what the director should be doing, I end up doing it. But who can I moan to there? Keep going on about no money there to improve our wages, yet some of the money I have pulled in for them would easily cover a substantial increase for the whole office, nevermind me.

Its fucking horrible to work so hard, on shit money, to be earning so much for those who just fell into a company at the right time and place. There is fuck all out there for me to do though, unless I went off on my own, but that is far too risky with a dependant family. Just sucking it up and keep checking the job pages each week. Motivation is at an all time low, but have no choice but to keep working as if I let off, then the whole fucking thing would crumble. At times I feel like letting that happen, but that would only be acting the cunt.

I’m just glad everything outside of work is great. Between family, friends, home and sports, life is great. If I can get the work part fixed, then would have no complaints on anything.

Yeah hopefully. She’s a nurse so works 4 days a week as is so hopefully could do her week in three days without too much hassle

[quote=“Gman, post: 823716, member: 112”]fuck me but I am really hating my job right now. Shit job, shit pay, shit hours, there is not one redeeming factor from it other than the usual ‘oh sure you’re lucky to have a job’. company I’m with is so badly run from the top, that its basically 4 of us in the office who run it for 4 directors who havent a clue. I’m left doing the job of about 3 people in varying roles as what the director should be doing, I end up doing it. But who can I moan to there? Keep going on about no money there to improve our wages, yet some of the money I have pulled in for them would easily cover a substantial increase for the whole office, nevermind me.

Its fucking horrible to work so hard, on shit money, to be earning so much for those who just fell into a company at the right time and place. There is fuck all out there for me to do though, unless I went off on my own, but that is far too risky with a dependant family. Just sucking it up and keep checking the job pages each week. Motivation is at an all time low, but have no choice but to keep working as if I let off, then the whole fucking thing would crumble. At times I feel like letting that happen, but that would only be acting the cunt.

I’m just glad everything outside of work is great. Between family, friends, home and sports, life is great. If I can get the work part fixed, then would have no complaints on anything.[/quote]

Work to live pal. Last paragraph is all that counts really. We are all one day closer to this recession ending and the world of opportunities opening up.

And the return of Fianna Fail to power:clap:

[quote=“Gman, post: 823716, member: 112”]fuck me but I am really hating my job right now. Shit job, shit pay, shit hours, there is not one redeeming factor from it other than the usual ‘oh sure you’re lucky to have a job’. company I’m with is so badly run from the top, that its basically 4 of us in the office who run it for 4 directors who havent a clue. I’m left doing the job of about 3 people in varying roles as what the director should be doing, I end up doing it. But who can I moan to there? Keep going on about no money there to improve our wages, yet some of the money I have pulled in for them would easily cover a substantial increase for the whole office, nevermind me.

I’m just glad everything outside of work is great. Between family, friends, home and sports, life is great. If I can get the work part fixed, then would have no complaints on anything.[/quote]

One other point. In a lot of these situations I think your exit isn’t to be found with your company, rather with your clients who know you, trust you and can bring more opportunities your way. Doing business is two way street and IMO they are the relationships to be focused on. Not internally

Get up!

Put that Flag Up:pint:

yeah its the only thing getting me through it to be honest. Got home a bit earlier this evening, and was out in the garden with the wife, daughter and our dogs, went for a quick walk down to the sea and just enjoyed a lovely evening. makes work seem like trivial shit, heart isnt in it at all.

yeah thats for sure. I do a lot of my work in the knowledge that Ireland is a small place and chance are I’d meet those people in some form or another later, so do what I can to make sure I dont piss them off, even if a lot of the time this actually pisses off my own company.

:clap::clap:

and dying

@carryharry

Hows the new job going pal? Hows the motivation levels?

If you can enjoy the next few years sure who’s afraid of dying?!!

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 823734, member: 80”]the so

:clap::clap:[/quote]

Are you not from strong Fine Gael stock, bro?

Fuck it Dan, Balbec, me and a few others had planned to really enjoy September this year but that idea went astray. Leave us alone to wallow in our misery.