World Cup 2018/2022 Decision

China and Australia will not be happy as they likely can’t host it until 2034 at the earliest now. Surprised China didn’t bid for 2022 actually. It’ll be 2030 before a World Cup ius held in Western Europe again FFS.

Qatar? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mother Theresa on Sky Sports News now… :rolleyes:

Quinn is “gutted”

It is utterly incredible that they have been chosen - smaller than the six counties - they can air condition the stadiums all they like but there will have to be 32 training facilities and they can’t air condition all of them. Who’s going to go to the matches? There will be empty stadiums allover the place. Not many will travel there.

Selecting the hosts of two World Cups at once led to even more corruption than usual I’d bet.

Quinn - “If the rumour that we didn’t get by the first round is true, then FIFA have some explaining to do”

if you dont like arabs just say it

Does Russia not have 4 or 5 time zones?

Sepp Blatter thinks he is a fucking Philanthropist ala Bill Gates or something.How does the man hold a straight face.

I mean QATAR.FFS :angry:

These cunts will be lucky to lose each game 10-0.No booze,oppressive heat, every game played in the same city, pictures from Al Jazeehra.Australia should have won that bid.

yeah- the 10 hours time difference would have been great for european viewers :rolleyes:

Time difference is a stumbling block alright I’ll give you that, but Korea and Japan was a very successful world cup and that had games on at 8 and 9 in the morning.

it wasnt

I don’t have a problem with Russia getting it. Global game and Eastern Europe have never hosted it etc. We shouldn’t underestimate the impact of Aiden McGeady joining their bid team either.

Qatar seems shit though.

Why is everyone slating Quinn for using ‘we’? He is speaking as the Chairman of Sunderland Athletic Football Club who were one the clubs hoping to host games.

I work for an American firm, am I not allowed to use the term ‘we’ when we are pitching for a new contract? A lot of insecure people here.

Well said, Tinnion.

Oh look at me I’m Brian Tinnion, I’m work in American, I eat with Quentin Tarantino, I pay $500 for a hair cut, I’m so fuckin great. FOAD TINNION. FOAD.

I’d like to see these Qatari fellas air condition an entire stadium as has been suggested here

England got 2 votes !!!

That’s a vote for every 12 months of the bidding process !!!

thats what they said they will do its not something i am suggesting from thin air. they are horsing mammoth money into infracture and education projects over there already,its obscene really what they are doing and what they will now do in the next 12 yerars but they have the resources to do it

They handed the trophy to the winning country. FFS.

Poor ol England, just cant seem to get their hands on that trophy can they?