World Cup Betting

It’s closing in lads. That predicter thing really got pulses racing for it yesterday. I’m on a good run with tournaments. Won on France 18, hit crossbar with winner /top score. Won on italy at tge euros, won on Beth Mead and the england/mead double so i expect to be flat out shit this time but ya never know.
Initial thinking is that it’s between France, Brazil and Argentina with Spain as an outsider.
Spain for top european team at 5/1 is good i think.
Will check out groups and look at top scorers etc and do in depth write up at some stage but til then, get your thoughts in here.

3 Likes

What kind of a run do the Danes have. They have a nice team. Well balanced

Run the telegraph predictor yolk. Its over on the other WC thread

An accumulator on all the groups - one to win the group or one to qualify in each is a great bet. Gives you an interest in almost every single game especially in the first two rounds as every result impacts your teams chance of winning/qualifying

Ah lads.

1 Like

Good man. I was wondering when youd pop in. You can fuck off now please.

7 Likes

Ah leave it out…

You forgot the first rule of a crisis situation.

Tis a nawful affliction. Lads be betting on throw ins and free kicks and yellow cards. Cheering when a fella gets booked and their youngster beside them on the couch drinking it all in, another lad drawn into the life of gambling.

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Iran to qualify from the group at 7/2 :sunglasses:

Spain to be top european team at 5/1 is a good bet i think. Germany have been poor and lack a decent striker. Belgium have a crazy old defence, lukakus off form/injured and theyve never done it at the business end anyway. France are the big if there. Could stroll through the entire tournament like in 18 or could come a cropper missing kante/pogba/varane etc. Second in their group most likely plays argentina so if denmark beat them again they could be in trouble.

Croatia are best value to be top European team

1 Like

France will win it I think. The likes of M’Bappe will be primed playing in that league. I could see him running riot. Dembele from Barca is due as well. Theyve definitely the quality, even if they can play quite negatively.

Saliba looks a beast at the back. The keeper is probably the one doubt. Pogba and Kante were a huge part of it when they won, but just get the vibe those two are done at the real elite level.

Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Fabinho, Casimero, Bruno Guimares and Neymar up the middle is very strong.

Brazil look really strong up the spine of the team but their fullbacks are primed for an awful arse opening.

If Morata clicked, Spain are the team to fear I think.

England might have been interesting if Southgate had made any effort at all to address their issues with ball retention in the knockout stages. That wouldve been trying Foden and Bellingham in a midfield 3 with Rice, maybe even Grealish and then abandoning the back 3.

1 Like

Hrvatska backed at 55s ew

I was thinking the same thing, they have a new Ali Daei apparently. A good goal scorer goes a long way in these things

1 Like

Maguire and Dier as CB options will rule England out once they meet anyone decent

3 Likes

They’ll hardly be the starting centre backs ?

Rice should probably have been tried back there in a 2 with Stones. They’ve Kalvin Phillips for the holding job in midfield.

If Kyle Walker isn’t or Rees James aren’t fit, theres a chance Dier and Maguire start. It’d be Dier or Conor Cody.