World Cup Betting

Germany have the best manager; therefore they will win imo.

An actual good manager makes a big difference in these tournaments, I think. Germany have won stuff with an average enough manager, they have enough talent to do well here.

3 Likes

they won a world cup with a fella who used to pick his arse and smell his fingers, on the sidelines

2 Likes

Does that make him a bad manager?

not happening.

I accept your surrender

Your namesake could have a big tournament

So myself and Juhy junior were out and about tonight. Excited as fuck, world cup coming, looking for an oul wallchart. We hit the texaco in porto and he literally ran in, grabbed a magazine and ran straight out to the car. I later found out the boys in the shop hadnt seen him and we could have just made off with it but being an upstanding fingallian i went in and paid(,i wanted to do the lotto). €17 lighter (7e for the lotto 10 for 442 magaxine and junior was in the back tearing the new wallchart apart on the way home.
Its A1, in both size and quality and ive it spread over the kitchen table since before dinner while i run the models. Basically, the draw is lopsided to fuck and this world cup turns on 2 groups. The spain germany one and the france denmark. The runner up of S/G and the winner of F/D groups go into the easier side.
Tougher side will most likely have spain/germany, Brazil, Netherlands and Argentina as group winners. Easier will have england, croatia/belgium, portugal/uruguay and Denmark france. Second half is a much easier path. My contention is that the air con will be bullshit, and will just about stop them dying as opposed to cooling them down to decent temps. We’ll be subjected to lads being fucked, unable to run and hot weather football. As we all know. Hot weather ball is the preserve of south america and the spanish. Any team that cant keep the ball will be running like fuck…bye bye england. Any team with a ginger as their best player can fuck off*(see stan in orlando). Bye bye belgium.
So what have we got in our 2 key groups. Denmark v france. Denmark have had Frances number lately, beating them in the nations league and france have been shit. But who cares, if you’re a world champion you could understand why the nations league wouldnt float your boat. But france have big issues in midfield. Aside from being shit lately theyve no kante or pogba. Pogba was key for them, theyd so many beasts it sidnt matter that he didnt do his fair share, his job was to take a pass and play a fella in in an instant. He is one of the best in the world at that. Without him and kante then they wont have the same level of control or be able to release mbappe as fast. Denmark are very well drilled and have erikson back. Feels like they have unfinished business but as well they have a settled bunch who know exactly what they are doing, especially against france. Denmark to win the group.
Spain are spain, they keep the ball better than anyone, theyll move it nonstop and run fuckers into the ground. Any game they get an early goal will be dead. They know exactly what their shape is but are lacking a killer centre forward. Germany have issues everywhere, especially upfront, dont have a settled team at all, have struggled lately and are basically relying on their teutonic efficiency. They are basically hoping they are germany. The only doubt in my mind is that its probably better to come seco d in this group…winner gets belgium then brazil then Argentina before a final… thats outrageously tough. Second would get croatia then switzerland then denmark before a final… thats a fucking piss easy draw in comparison. In short, if the spanish have any smarts, theyll shithouse a draw against the germans then lose out on goal difference in the group before walking to a final.
So where the fuck does that leave us with regard to betting… well for sheer value, its got to be the easy side of the draw and croatia at 50s and switzerland at 90-1 are ridiculous. Croatia would get germany then switzerland or the winner of portugals shit group then possibly england denmark or mexico… massive value.
Contrast that with throwing your cash on brazil at 7/2. They’ll win a tough group v switz/serbia cameroon. Then theyll get second in portugals group, then spain then argentina before a final. And they start last. So 7 games in 23 days to win it and they have to play shit hot teams… no value. Argentina have a handy group but will need to rest a few against poland in their last game cos theyll get france or denmark then the netherlands then spain or brazil to get there. Thats tough as hell. No bet there.

So what would i bet on.

Argentinas group is straight forward.
Arg/mex/pol/saudi in that order is 11/4
Group f cro/bel/Mor/can in that order 6/1

Top scorer …easy group is key. Messi, messi messi on that front. Maybe depay. And you know neymar will dive like a mofo and take his own penos. Also, the only group that isnt really guessable is portugals. My own suspicion is that portugal will be shit and won’t win the group. Either way, every single team in it will think they can do it. What we do know is that nuneeeez is a beast. And hes 40-1.
Id go nunez 40-1ew
Neymar 12-1 ew
Messi 12-1 ew

So winner/ scorer doubles
Argentina messi
Spain messi
Spain nunez
Argentina nunez

Lastly a few darts. I ran the models tonight and looked at possible finalists.

Denmark v argentina 80-1
Denmark spain 80-1
Croatia v argentina 100-1
Croatia v spain 150-1

12 Likes

England have a scarily handy run to a semi. If anyone other than that gimp was over them they’d be a shout if they could get away with slabhead at the back. They will likely start R2 a better price than R1. They may struggle to breakdown Iran in an early kick off. England win and under 2.5 is 13/8. Might back that.

I put a hundred quid on the yanks to beat wales at 8 to 5

2 Likes

Had a tenner on messi top scorer…argentina to win @28/1 enhanced price boyles

2 Likes

Its likely they’ll have Brazil in the semi-final. If they get over that hurdle they could do it certainly.

If that game comes up it would be class in fairness.

I like that, I think the yanks are decent enough.

Qatar to win today.

1. Home town advantage. Only host nation to not advance from group is South Africa. Obviously Qatar are the worst team ever to host the thing, but still.
  2. Ecuadors strength is playing at altitude in Quito. They will be at sea level in a desert. Presumably the best team suited to playing in Qatar will be Qatar.
  3. They won the Asian cup lately so they aren’t that bad.
  4. Most importantly they will have bought and paid for the ref and probably half the Ecudaor team
1 Like

Think you might have mixed them up with Bolivia there bucko.

1 Like

Saw them twice against Ireland and would give them no chance v Ecudaor.

Sorry yes Quito. But point stands, second highest altitude stadium for an international team

Are you factoring in the bribes?

1 Like

A cagey scoreless draw is the play of the day here. I’d say a 30% chance of a draw, if you can get odds to beat that, have a play at value

ecuador have drawn four of their last 5 nil all. Even with bribes Qatar have to put the ball in the goals, which isn’t a given.

I think you can get a scoreless draw at 5/1 and a draw at 2/1