World Cup Betting

Brazil & Mbape top scorer 40/1, worth a nibble.

1 Like

Harry Kane will be top scorer, England have a penalty kick of a group. He’ll get 6 or 7 in the groups alone

1 Like

Apparently they love Carlos Queiroz over there too and he’s back in charge. He is to Iran what Tony Considine is to Kilmallock.

1 Like

We’ll see. I think England are in for a land and will struggle to break teams down. He’ll get a couple but no more i reckon.

Top scorer bets would be Neymar for me. 12-1 ew. I think they go far, have a decent group and he dives for and takes the penos. 12-1 seems like free money.

3 Likes

you’re getting me interested in the World Cup Juhy. I’m going to run some models :smiley:

1 Like

Senegal winning their group interests me. Theyd have to get the better of the dutch. As does Denmark (beating france) winning theirs.

The thread we have all been waiting for.

1 Like

Maddison wont make England’s squad surely?

Mind your own business you nosy cunt.

What are we backing lads? Has anyone half way knowledgeable done a back of a fag box bit of research on this?

France will win nothing with the spuds keeper anyway.

1 Like

Nunez for top scorer

Let’s keep it simple……Argentina to win it with messi top scorer

Germany at 10 or 12s for me. Rudiger and Sule rock solid at centre half. Gundo, Kimmich and Goretzka in mf will dominate most teams for possession, then numerous classy attackers in Gnabry, Sane, Musiala, Havertz, Moukoko. Perhaps weakness at fb and no star number 9 but most of the team in their prime and playing for elite clubs. The European teams will dominate and I’d happily back Germany a couple of points shorter than available.

5 Likes

good shout… that’s going on the portfolio

Portugal not to qualify at 4/1 and to finish bottom in their group at 16/1

2 Likes

Will Son be fit for South Korea? If he is then I wouldn’t discount it. Even in Euro 2016 they famously drew all 3 group games. Santos is very conservative and they looked very average against us in qualifying. Jota out injured too.

Spain to win it will be my bet, and I might also have a flutter with ze Germans. Spain have been very consistent under Enrique thus far and were extremely unlucky not to win the Euros in my opinion. They completely bossed Italy.

Main reason I’m picking them is their manager. Enrique is a top, top tier coach and tactician. I fancy him to get the most out of a decent squad without superstar names. If Fati comes good in the world cup then I really like them (he’s by far their most natural in front of goal) although he has struggled to get up to speed since his long injury lay-off.

Tough group for them, as I also rate ze German’s chances with Flick at the helm .

France will crumble IMO. I can smell a bust-up in the camp there. Pogba and Kante also two major losses.

Brazil have all the talent, but I feel they have a slight weakness in midfield, and more gkaringly at fullback. Fabinho is not quite himself these days although a change of environment could help. Fred is solid for Brazil but that’s about the extent of it.

I woukd love to see the greatest win it, but if Argentina pick any injuries, they’re goosed. They also play Denmark or France in the last 16. Tricky.

Spain and Germany are my two betting picks to win it. They both have the brains, the proven managers, and the midfield to dominate games.

8 Likes

Worry for Spain is who’ll put the ball in the net

Indeed, as was the case at the Euros. All in all, I think their concerns are less than those of everyone else.