World Cup cricket

The afghanis and Vietnamese would be some battle. Handful of kandaharians sending hundreds running there

I was getting a lift back from the airport yesterday from an absolutely charming Indian driver. We were talking about the cricket, and how it looked like England were out as I said they’d never beat India.
“it depends” he said. “India are safe anyway, and they may decide not to miss a chance to put Pakistan out” :grinning:
He was also telling me he’d picked up an Indian gentleman and his son from the airport to bring them to an Indian match a couple of days before. They’d flown in from Delhi and out for the Pakistan match a couple of weeks ago, and then flown over again for the day for a match that was rained off, and were flying over again tomorrow (today) for the India vs England game.
All business class flight which would be at least 3 grand each, and the lad was ten.
Be great to have a dad who’d be that happy in your company.

1 Like

Jaysus that’s fair dedication. Then you have lads like carryharry who won’t get off the couch to watch his team a few miles away

1 Like

England have posted a competitive 337/7. Ben Stokes with 79 off 54 deliveries.

India will probably do a Limerick and throw this to try and eliminate Pakistan

Finally copped that these are not pitches for the chase

Who won the toss?

E&W

1 Like

Good start for England at Chester-le-Street against New Zealand. 68-0 after 10 overs.

If ingerland win, are they definitely through?

Yes

Who will be the final four?
I dislike Pakistan intensely so I’m asking in the hope they go out.

More than likely out. There is a small outside chance that if England absolutely hammer NZ today and they win their last game by something that improves their nrr significantly that they can go through

1 Like

Australia and India are through. Its two from three between England, Pakistan and New Zealand for last two places. New Zealand more than likely through as well bar some crazy scoring in this match and Pakistan v Bangladesh. If England win here, they’re through. Pakistan more than likely out on NRR then. England lose, Pakistan through if they beat Bangladesh.

1 Like

I suspect its a day for the batsmen. Beautiful weather. Who won the toss?

England 168/1 after 26 overs.

I suspect E&W did.

They did. They used to generally chase but have batted first the last two times.
Root has a nosebleed

England beat New Zealand by 119 runs to clinch semi final spot. Pakistan all but out. If they lose the toss and are batting second, they are out. They have to bat first, score about 400 runs and bowl Bangladesh out for under 100. Its a pity really, because Pakistan have been coming into form and unlike New Zealand would provide stern opposition in semi final. As the weather has improved over last two weeks, New Zealand have really struggled. They were lucky to scrape home against Windies and have been hammered in their last three matches by Pakistan, Australia and England. They’ll be cannon fodder for India or Australia in semi final.

Australia have lost to South Africa by 10 runs in the final pool game at Old Trafford. India beat Sri Lanka earlier today and finish top.

Semi final line up:
India v New Zealand at Old Trafford
Australia v England at Edgbaston