World Cup cricket

Why would they send India in ffs. Do well to keep it below 350 at this stage

2 Likes

India post 336/5 for their 50 overs. Few late wickets and a bit of rain stemmed the really heavy bleeding. Don’t see Pakistan posting much more than 250 here.

The rain has come and the teams have gone back to the pavilion. Pakistan are 165/6 with 15 overs left. 86 runs behind the par score on the Duckworth Lewis method.

They’d have known the d-l was likely to be needed though.

2k for a ticket for this I was told last night.

they could have filled it 30 times over

Windies slumped to a 7 wicket defeat to Bangladesh at Taunton. Bangladesh posted 322/3 with 8.3 overs to spare.

1 Like

Bangladesh would have got 400 almost they were that comfortable- not that long ago a game between these two with windies posting 300+ would have been a 200 run victory.

Good old style England batting collapse at Headingley. 127/3 to 212 all out to lose by 20 runs to Sri Lanka.

India survive a big scare to beat Afghanistan by 11 runs. Hat-trick by Mohammed Shami in the 50th over to pick up the last three Afghan wickets.

West Indies making a game of it here.

Matched at 110 on Betfair and now about even money.

They require 9 runs from 13 balls with 1 wicket remaining.

What an over. Its on a knife edge with one batsman left similar to india earlier and engerland yesterday. Competition has taken off

Braithwaite caught on the rope with 6 needed. Barbados in tears

Cruel on Brathwaite. Nearly won it single handedly. That 25 off 48th over incredible. New Zealand don’t seem to have the pace attack to win this tournament but English conditions do suit them.

Pakistan coasting to victory against New Zealand. 201/3 after 42 overs. 37 runs needed from 48 balls. Getting interesting for the 4th qualifying slot. I wouldn’t rule out Pakistan repeating their miracle of 1992 and emerging from the group stages after fairly dismal early tournament form.

1 Like

England are in big trouble. Not as good as they thought they were.

From my little knowledge, I think they need to beat India and NZ to go through. Highly unlikely if so.
I wonder would any teams be throwing matches at this to stack the qualifiers?
No idea BTW, but not too much of a leap

One win should see England through. They were rank yesterday against Australia and wouldn’t be too confident of them getting that win.

Some great footage of fights inside and outside the ground today. Afghanistan and Pakistan tore right into each other.

2 Likes

Those lads need to let Jesus into their hearts