World Cup Semi Finals šŸ†

Actually in hindsight it did have alot to do with their physical readiness.

They were clearly fucked early doors. This would indicate CNS and lactate fatigue. However they worked their way into it. Now they were fatigued from extended games and not necessarily poor preparation.however it did resemble how you see some GAA teams that are heavily Lactate trained by lunatic coaches. They are slow starters and almost fatigued from get-go.

But in time they work into game and finish strong if game has not got too far away from them.

Different prep reasons but I theorize similar physiological reasons

2 Likes

Terrific insight mate.

1 Like

I did not predict 4-0

However my poor reading of Croatia was down largely to a misreading of why they were fucked. I thought they were completely gone. But they had reserves in the legs if maybe not completely the head

Thanks Geoff

An early goal against you can have a bad effect on the head, and the head has a lot to do with the legs.

Had England got a second you might not have seen Croatia become seemingly more fresh legged.

Conversely, Englandā€™s legs seemingly going after Croatia equalised wasnā€™t entirely unconnected.

A goal certainly boosts the mind to overcome physical fatigue

England worked hard without the ball but their inability to keep hold of it and their coachā€™s inability to change his system up meant when the going got tough they were just turning it over and were being put back under pressure immediatelyā€¦ This is extremely tiring. Iā€™m just in the door after a game of 10 aside and Garryduff and it we played exactly as I just described so Iā€™m an expert on this subject.

You reminded us about 18 times before HT how well youd called an England domination of the game and the croats were gonna be exhausted. Member?

It makes it all the more miraculous that a country of 4.1 million could turn it on itā€™s head like they did. What character. What spirit. What beauty.

1 Like

You shouldnā€™t comment on football mate. You continually get it wrong

No wonder you did it was the narrative being spouted by many pretend experts on here

1 Like

It was certainly a mentalityā€¦ As soon as they sniffed blood they came alive. England just went , mentally and physically, and it invigorated Croatia. But it was also down to the sidelinesā€¦

Thought England got last 10 and first half et right though on the line

You thought wrong

Incorrect. Were dominant team for most of that period bar last 2 mins of 1st half et

Canā€™t argue with that