World Darts Championships 2018 @Lakeside - The Greatest Show On Earth

And the German hits tops at the 11th attempt :laughing:

9/43 at the doubles at one stage :rofl:

1 Like

Some of these cunts would need a calculator to work out a finish.

1 Like

Michael Unterbuchner wins 3-2

Daniel Day-Wins.

It was a case of “My Right Hand” for the Englishman as he eliminated the last of the New Zealanders, Craig Caldwell 3-0.

He must have thought he was playing at the Crucible rather than the Lakeside as he took it all in his stride.

There could be blood for Martin Phillips, who plays him next.

3 Likes

Heartwarming scenes as the missing James Hurrell’s family are at Lakeside to support his great friend Richey Edwards, who has taken his place in the line up.

James had a major operation on Christmas Eve and thankfully, “he’s on the right road”, according to his family.

That’s the very essence of real darts, real people.

And if you’re reading, James, get well soon and we’ll see you back at Lakeside next year.

Richey has a big task ahead of him now as he takes on last year’s finalist Danny Noppert, so he needs all the support he can get.

3 Likes

180 from Richey. He’s been playing county darts for Glamorgan for the last 10 years and there’s no better way to learn your trade than in county darts.

1 Like

First set to the reigning Finder Darts Master.

Sparky Harms is no doubt still hugely disappointed after his exit last night, but he’s stayed at Lakeside to support his compatriot and friend.

Friends supporting friends has always been a great feature of Lakeside over the decades - in fact I remember Aberdeen’s Bob Taylor would always stay down to support Jocky Wilson back in the late 80s and early 90s after he’d been knocked out himself.

Danny is cruising here, but nice to see Richey take a leg on the seventh attempt.

can someone bump the knowledgeable crowds thread?

The Lakeside is summed up in four words.

Best. Of. Order. Please.

I don’t know what was worse - watching the PDC crowd booing Van Gerwen in the semi-final, or the faux outrage of PDC heads such a Rod Harrington and Wayne Mardle as they complained about it while at the same time commending the ‘spectacle’ of these events.

‘I can’t believe that those bunch of yobs we have let in, plied with drink and encouraged their yobbishness behaviour would do something so unsporting’.

3 Likes

Tell that to Marty McCloskey.

A 170 out shot by Lakeside legend Daryl “The Dazzler” Fitton to win tonight’s final match 3-2 against the doughty challenger from down under Justin Thompson. Absolutely awesome arrows.

3 Likes

That’s the highest outshot so far in the tournament. Can it be bettered?

1 Like

It is Madness to suggest it will be.

Ireland’s interest in this year’s World Professional Darts Championship is over. Tandragee’s Kyle McKinstry was beaten 3-2 by Richard Veenstra in a match described by knowledgeable observers as “a Lakeside classic”.

Forum favourite Aileen de Graaf is through to the ladies’ quarter-finals after beating Paula Jacklin 2-0.

The massive Beneluxian derby between Geert de Vos and Derk Telnekes is underway.

2-2 in the first set as I type and both players are peppering that 60.

The commentators mentioning in passing that a Winmau board is much harder to score highly on that the poorer quality Unicorn boards used on the exhibition circuit.

A bit like the difference between the pockets used on the tables at the Crucible and the tables used at your local club.

Geert goes 1-0 up and Belgian darts fanatic Jacky goes wild.

De Vos averaging 105. Some yoke

I’ve always felt that it’s only a matter of time before Geert explodes onto the scene and destroys all before him.

He’s been eliminated by the eventual champion in four of the last six years and in all of those matches he’s had the man that beat him on the ropes, but couldn’t finish him off.

When the mood takes him he’s one of the highest scorers in the world - if he can add consistency he’ll be the complete player.

Derk Telnekes is a serious talent - should he get through this match, you wouldn’t bet against him making it five out of seven for Geert.