World Darts Championships 2018 @Lakeside - The Greatest Show On Earth

What a set up by Scotty hitting 177 to leave 22 and he wins set 1.

Set 2 follows exactly the same pattern as set 1. Scotty goes 2-0 up, Ross fights back to 2-2, but the legendary Yorkshireman again takes the deciding leg. Winning the key legs like that is why he is one of the game’s most decorated players.

Great Braveheart fighting spirit from Ross. He’s taken the third set to now trail 2-1 and has the throw in set 4.

His glasses are very stylish - I must get a pair of them myself.

What’s the story with Scotty? Did he give up playing for a while? He looks way too good for this lot.

Belgian darts fanatic Jacky is in the house. :clap:

1 Like

Waites won,sid must have fallen asleep. Can see why,struggled to keep awake myself.

I see BT have this on their 3rd channel,good decision.

They must have to change the beds for the double 2 and double 1 every night they get such a hammering :rofl:

2 Likes

Ha ha,great viewing, lights up a long January.

Some guy won with an average of 75 earlier :laughing:

You’d see better games down the pub.

1 Like

Wayne Warren was handy there. One of the better games.

What a night of darts. Many knowledgeable observers are calling it the greatest in the history of the sport.

@Sidney is asleep at the wheel,Unterbuchner and Cameron are tied 2 sets each in a very high scoring affair here with high 70s to low 80s averages on show in the 3 star home of amateur darts.

2 Likes

0 out of 9 on double top for the German, they must have pulled this clown out of the crowd to play.

1 Like

And the German hits tops at the 11th attempt :laughing:

9/43 at the doubles at one stage :rofl:

1 Like

Some of these cunts would need a calculator to work out a finish.

1 Like

Michael Unterbuchner wins 3-2

Daniel Day-Wins.

It was a case of “My Right Hand” for the Englishman as he eliminated the last of the New Zealanders, Craig Caldwell 3-0.

He must have thought he was playing at the Crucible rather than the Lakeside as he took it all in his stride.

There could be blood for Martin Phillips, who plays him next.

3 Likes

Heartwarming scenes as the missing James Hurrell’s family are at Lakeside to support his great friend Richey Edwards, who has taken his place in the line up.

James had a major operation on Christmas Eve and thankfully, “he’s on the right road”, according to his family.

That’s the very essence of real darts, real people.

And if you’re reading, James, get well soon and we’ll see you back at Lakeside next year.

Richey has a big task ahead of him now as he takes on last year’s finalist Danny Noppert, so he needs all the support he can get.

3 Likes