Worst Place in Ireland

not so bad. My sister lives In Clonatton so i would stop by now and again, a grand spot.

I’d like to nominate Kilrush. I’ve never experienced anything like it for a town of it’s size. Deal with lots of its inhabitants through work and the amount of scum living there is something else. Seems like a mini Southill to me. Used to deliver there too in previous jobs and it had that same vibe about it. It makes Shannon Town seem like Disneyland.

Buttevant’s already been mentioned so no need to expand on it, least to say it’s soul destroying.

2 Likes

Carrick-on-Suir

Admins, please lock this thread

I didn’t think it was that bad. Nice little square, some decent old pubs and a nice little marina down at the bottom of the town.

Is Kilkee the place that featured on Primetime a few years ago because of anti social behaviour on some of its estates?

Aesthetically, it looked a rougher town than Kilrush.

Ennistymon is a fair shithole on a wet day.

Athy

2 Likes

I’d say it was Kilrush?
Kilrush has been notoriously bad for a long time.

1 Like

Lock the thread. I’ve seen shitholes on my travels but this place is 99% full of absolute goons & dregs.

You could say that about any village or small town in Ireland on a wet

1 Like

Bizarrely enough, the Kellys of south-hill fame live in Kilrush - or their cousins do.

So I’ve recently learned.

Kilkee has its troubled estates too, as we’ve seen in recent days.

I presume Tipp Town won this at a canter? Would have been regularly in its pubz ‘n’ clubz when I was younger. Any time I’ve dared go back lately, it’s even grimmer, doesn’t seem to be a sinner between the ages of 20-40 left in the place. A place that’s long overdue a bypass.

1 Like

Tipp Town is easily the worst place on earth i’ve ever been to after Australia and Milton Keynes. - But yes, the worst in Ireland by a distance.

3 Likes

Pit stop in Prosperous yesterday. Not suitably monikered.

5 Likes

any housing estate in any town can be rough as fuck
a lot of those new or newish estates built in 2006/7 are turning into fucking ghettos
i was over in dunsahughlin there the other day, an estate where people bought 3 bed coffins back in the boom for 390k now selling for 235k as and went in 2013 for 140k
hell would be to be stuck in there in extreme negative equity paying back a massive mortgage and seeing houses around you taken over by the local council

you know its ll relative, someone mentioned Prosperous above but if you want a bit of country living its grand
say Cobh as well, look if you want trouble you’ll sure as well find it and some of the estates there make kilenarden or jobstown look normal, but then again , live on the other side overlooking the harbour and you couldnt ask for anything else

1 Like

Ennistymon is worse than average. Something creepy and depressing about it.

anyone ever set foot in Faecal?

1 Like

Athy is allright, unless you have to go there to play a Junior C game and your crowd have a few shapers
there are worse places by far