Worst Place in Ireland

is a lovely spot

ive a soft spot for the river barrow, spent a lovely sunny saturday in Graiguemangh last year… lovely little harbour, bite to eat, a walk, etc

ah yes smark, the coffin ships, terribly sad… i wander around there quite a bit on the deep water quay
ive an uncle from foynes who loves boats, erra we’d head down there and watch the tug boats guiding the container ships coming up the river, he’s a man of consumate ease, not a care in the world

2 Likes

Was in Graiguenamanagh this afternoon. Place was looking splendid tbf, plenty of activity on the river too with a heap of barges on show.

That is a town that has got its act together no end.

1 Like

Pity they can’t produce a hurler of note.:grinning:

What a kip.

2 Likes

The old picture in the shop window looks better than modern day kilmallock.

1 Like

Probably after driving through New Ross for the last time in my life. The bypass will be open next week.

7 Likes

Surprised I missed these. The pub there used to be the best boozer in town, Dermot O’Rourkes. He’s dead now and the licence was probably sold on. The other place was a hardware shop, a furniture shop, a bike shop, a cafe. Been closed over twenty years. An awful lot of derelict buildings in the medieval old town.

The Main Street needs serious attention tbf, it’s in bad shape in places.

Desperate

It’s disgraceful they’ve let it go so bad. From the junction for Charleville to the Castle is to wicked in places.
Rest of the town is not too bad thereafter.

Fermoy

2 Likes

Portadown, obviously

5 Likes

Yeah a shitehole,and a major full of coked up bolloxes (had a few guys working the door on what was the hotel there) ones we met were clowns,typical garrison town

ATHY
no contest here.

7 Likes

If that doesn’t get a like from @myboyblue it’s all a fuck.

2 Likes

The place is a hellhole already, can you imagine what it’ll be like without passing trade

I’m well on record here for saying Athy is a shithole. Its like a town time forgot. I’ve never seen anywhere as in need of a wash as it. It should be fucking nuked.

1 Like

In fairness to New Ross, it’s improved a lot in the last 5 years or so. More tourism development with refurbishment of existing quay fronts planned. Driving through it now it doesn’t look half as bad anymore with the quays all having been upgraded.

I’d say passing trade accounts for fuck all really. If you’re stuck in traffic I don’t think many end up stopping there. A lot of people wouldn’t bother going in there now because of the traffic through it. At least now it’ll help consumers drive in easily and go about their day without shit loads of HGVs and other traffic clogging up the place. Gorey has had a decent boom since that was bypassed too.

2 Likes

I’d agree, New Ross wouldn’t even enter the Top 10 worst towns imo.