Worst Place in Ireland

Athlone ,aka The Gateway to Eastern Europe wins this hands down, hard to imagine a more destitute and soulless piece of shit, just thrown together town although I was in Drogheda once and that’s not far off it.

Seen Kilbeggan mentioned here somewhere which is odd. It has a distillery and a race track, fooks sake what more do ye want in a small town?

Dungarvan. I hope never ever to visit that place again. was in some hole of a nightclub and I never some many ugly people in one place. nothing to do either during the day.

Ah harsh, it might be populated by dim witted mongs but it’s far from the worst town in Ireland.

Always thought Moate was a shithole myself. Seems really dead, there’s fook all there, nobody smiles, it’s not close to anywhere decent and it used to be a bottleneck for traffic. Used to put me in fierce bad form.

Shitholes - Gort & Buttevant

+1

Shannon is the biggest hole in Clare, went up to Balladereen there on the Roscommon Mayo border last year as I had a bit of business to attend to and it looked a kip of a place as well

Shannon is pretty bad.
Dour and souless.

I’d like to nominate Portarlington. My grandparents lived there and from what I remember of it, it’s a garrison shithole.

Disappointed to see Callan listed at the bottom of page 2.

I thought we’d be one of the first to get a mention. Place is gone soft.
20 Major knows the score

yeah, cunt of a place, full of cunts too…

Strange list, never found Abbeleix, Bandon, Tramore or Callan offensive places. Carrick is an absolute dive of course, as is Cahir and Tipp town.
Dungarvan is a lovely town.

You can’t be picking places because of traffic. Whatever about Gort, it is full of travelers and Brazilians, Buttevant is very inoffensive. I mean if your travelling from Cork to Limerick you pass through Charleville, Croom (in the old days) and Mallow (ditto), all super duper shitholes, and you pick Buttevant?

Anyway, within Cork; Youghal, Macroom, Passage, Charleville, Glanworth, Cobh, Dunmanway would all be rough enough places and i wouldn’t move there if you gave me a free house.

Outside Cork the list is endless, but these are a few of the beauties i have experience of. Arklow, Bray, Ennis, Edenderry, Tullamore, Birr, Shannon, Tralee, Killarney, Listowel, Tarbert, Kilmurray-Ibricken, Miltown-Malbay, Killkee, Longford, Cavan, Thurles, Nenagh, Roscrea, Carrick-on-Suir, Tipp town, Abbeyfeale, Mullinahone, Ballingarry, Waterford, Carlow, Portlaois, Drogheda, Dundalk, Dublin, all wonderful shit holes.

1 Like

idiot

Sure what traffic is there in Buttevant? People get through it as quick as possible, it’s like a 1950’s timewarp. I’ve always found Charleville grand, likewise Mallow, and I have already included Croom as a shithole.

:lol:

I wonder if he was there for long

:smiley:

God loves a trier !!

I know what it is puke, its a parish, but its Quilty i was thinking of.

all newross has in it is a fuckload of schools, a decent tesco

things against it - the amount of scumbag pubs and polish/eastern europeans… it shud be renamed new rossski

Also on Moate… had the joy of going out there one night and my god never again… all the locals could tell me was it was the nightclub they use for pure mule…

Was about to post Gort. Was there for the first time on Friday. Seems a right hole of a place.

Also, in Clare - do they like naming towns / villages after famous Irish people? Clooney, Quinn, Connolly etc.

:rolleyes:

No more than anywhere else I would say

Kill yourself.