Worst Place in Ireland

Good to see the lads out in force to defend the racist btw. :rolleyes:

Scumbags.

Abbeyfeale is a sleepy little country town but the locals are friendly and there are a few good pubs there. Rarely hear of any hassle there. Boring it may be but not a shithole.

Mallow always struck me a decent enough town, relatively modern compared to the little hicksville villages around it.

Ennis is a grand spot, lots of good restaurants, pubs etc. Maybe the locals just don’t like cork people.

Another nomination for a shithole-Kanturk, had cousins living there when I was a kid-hated going visiting. Dead end town.

Rather racist to a suicide promoter*

*(unless they were promoting suicide amongst ethnic minorites)

actually areas surrounding new ross and the town itself has a high percentage suicide… i went to school in the town myself and its a miserable town with nothing to do which as i pointed out before that is full of local scumbags and eastern europeans… the locals themselves comments on the town been overtaken with the foreigners and themselves say it …

:huh:

…and your problem with Eastern Europeans is? Some of the locals hate them so you feel obliged to do the same thing?

Are we on about the same abbeyfeale, full of scumbags.

Mallow is not a nice town, absolutely full of scumbags. Lots of new decent people living there, but still a massive amount of local knacks. The new people haven’t really integrated as of yet either, so it still has a massive “townie” feel to it, as opposed to modern irish town, ala Ballincollig.

I just didn’t like Ennis, as opposed to it being an out and out shithole i suppose. Hardest place in Ireland to get paid by people for work. I drove up on promised cheques more than once to those cunts only for fellas to have done runners. Well known accountant in the town we had to bring to the court house steps, then he paid, what a langer.

Ennis during the day is a lovely town, picturesque, but once the sun goes down forget about it, turns into Hillbilly/Knacker central

Used to go drinking in Abbeyfeale, far less dangerous than Newcastlewest or Castleisland or other towns nearby.

Some areas Puke. Stay away from Abbey st and the Height and you’d be grand.

Wouldn’t be that fond of the place full stop. Some of the pubs are good craic alright.

Was at a 21st in Abbeyfeale and I thought it was a decent spot. Was on a Thursday night though so I might not have seen the locals in full swing.

Abbeyfeale is grand, Kev must be a right windy fucker if he feels intimidated in all these places.

Its not about them being rough in some cases, just shitholes, not sure why thats so hard to understand.

Newcastlewest would be way worse than Abbeyfeale alright, a complete shithole, had forgotten about the place.

Not all of those places i mentioned were rough, just had nothing going for them.

For 5 years I worked and lived in various places around Ireland and I can absolutely confirm, having spent a horribly long year there, that Athlone is the greatest shithole in Ireland, if not the face of the earth. I shudder when I think of it. I was a witness in one robbery and two serious assault and over 30 shoplifting cases during my time there. I gave up going out there after a while, as it is so shit. Truly a soul destroying place. The bird I was going out with at the time hated it and we would only see each other when I visited her in Dublin or Donegal. There wasn’t even any, I mean any, decent looking birds in Athlone for me to fill the time in with either. Some of the girls from head office, when on store tours, would generallt stay in the town they were visting for the night, and we’d go on the piss. Not in Athlone. 3 of them arrived late one afternoon, business concluded I naturally asked whether they wanted dinner in their hotel or were they coming to the pub with me. “Its Athlone Fitzy, we’re off, you’re on your own. We’re working on your transfer, be patient”. An absolute kip. It makes Longford town look like Las vegas.

Failing that, Enniscorthy, I’ve never liked Enniscorthy.

Had a few pints in Shine’s pub in Athlone once, grand spot!

There wasn’t much to do around the town alright but it was midweek and I assumed things would be better over the weekend, it seems that was a naive assumption!

your right hill billys is a terrific eatery

unfortunately some recent high profile cases have given it a bad name.

Weekends in Athlone, the horror.

thinly veiled" the check out girls in dunnes in athlone thought i was a retard"

1 Like

what a tard. apart from the smell which aint as bad as it used to be what is wrong with quilty? it is a little village ffs.

Kilrush is a lovely town but destroyed by about 6 families of absolute scum. Shannon - yeah what a hole. Has improved but a lot of Nordie dregs moved in there back in the day. Ennis isnt that bad either. Granted there are a few scumbags but everywhere will have that. Clare towns/villages arent that bad. One of those east Clare villages - is it Bodyke Puke? is a shit hole - boarded up buildings all over the village looking like they would fall down.

New Ross is despicable, Tipp town, Waterford (very bad these days), Carrick on sewer, kilmallock, . Actually most Irish cities bar Galway are dumps. Have been out in Mullingar a few times. The amount of women thrown into the Paddy wagon one night was serious. When you think about it there are a lot of scumbags in Ireland.

Bodyke, Broadford, O’Callaghan’s Mills and Bridgetown are villages that look like the Celtic Tiger forgot

Agreed re the nordies in Shannon, they used to be heavily involved with the now defunct Newtown FC, the worst loser of bad losers and ignorant cunts I ever came across

yeah we were working down in Killaloe for a bit and passed through one of those - thought it was Bodyke. What a shithole. Played hurling in Kilkishen before - an awful dump. Redneck central out that way. They were filthy.

Kilmallock is an ace place, Adare without the airs and graces. :smiley:
A thriving (albeit insolvent) mart, a leading GAA venue, fascinating medieval ruins, chippers.