Worst Place in Ireland

Whats the perceived problem with the current road around Wexford? I saw proposals a couple of years ago but they made no sense.

1 Like

I was clear. You’re obviously illiterate or ignorant of reading other people’s post.

I agree and accept your apology.

1 Like

I hope our new bypasses see you safely to our fine towns sir.

1 Like

What’s the problem with New Ross lads? Never struck me as being particularly shitter than the surrounding towns, not like the way Castlebar is anyway.

My big gripe with it would be Its an awful place to get through. I passed through it two weeks about 4.30 on the way to Waterford. Traffic wasn’t too bad heading towards Waterford. There was a two mile tailback to O’Hanrahan Bridge from the Waterford side. Its always like that, that time of the day.

It’s a fucking hellhole without any saving graces @Matty_Hislop

Agreed what makes New Ross worse than say Gorey? Both look like heaps of shit to me.

Ah here. FFS sake. Gorey’s thriving independent cafe and retail culture make it the envy of most European cities.

2 Likes

The unremitting air of menace in New Ross.

What’s the issue down there, not enough bridges?

Is it worse than Tipp Town? Tipp town is the most menacing place I’ve ever set foot in.

Tipp town is in a league of it’s own in fairness.

1 Like

I found Harlem in the early 1980s to be ever so slightly worse.

1 Like

I think what makes New Ross worse is that it stands out like a sore thumb from anywhere around it. At least with Tipp town you have other equally as bad shit holes nearby so it doesnt create as much of an impact. Ross just has fuck all going for it. Fuck all of a town centre, shops arent great, very little choice that if you need something anyway out of the ordinary you may as well go to Waterford or Wexford. The works they have done on the quay make it a bit more appealing on the eye, but the over indulgence in naming everything in the town “Kennedy” is nauseating. The Vocational school (previously known as the Tech) has just been renamed Kennedy College. There was arguments in council chambers when they didnt name the new swimming pool Kennedy Pool. And the cost of that pool! Mental. Costs more to go there than most top end places in Dublin.

2 Likes

:smile: spot on with the Kennedy point.

New Ross has potential, nice enough setting with the river running through it. It’s very run down and depressing though and contains a sizeable proportion of undesirables. Maybe it’s just from my own personal experiences but I feel It has an air of sadness to it

Tipp town of the other hand has nothing going for it. Wall to wall inbred freaks

1 Like

Waterford has deteriorated a lot in recent years. Wexford is an impressive town. I was there just before Christmas for the first time in a while and it has a nice feel to it. Had a most convivial lunch in Greenacres.

Tipp Town is something else though. Its not much different from the rest of West Tipp though - Bansha, Emly, Cappawhite, Donohill. Its a wild part of the world.

I see no problem with such things.

New Ross needs to follow the example of Gorey, personal boutiques are a bigger selling point in a town like that rather than shite chain stores, i’m looking at you Sportssavers.

Too many of the family run businesses dont do much for the Town e.g Nolans, Hanrahans, Kalonil Stores. All these establishments are stuck in the 1980s throw that in with every other building either being a pharmacy, Hardware store or Solicitors and there is not much variety.

I dont think the town has ever recovered from the Ports demise

The problem for New Ross is that they got too big for their boots back in the 13th century when they took Waterford on in the Wine Wars and tried to jib us and we had to go up river and sort them out. We sent them home with their tea in a mug. We beat up the New Rossians so badly that we forced them to make a mace in our honour commemorating our victory, which is still on public display in the Urbs Intacta.

It has been a servile backwater ever since.

1 Like