Wrongs perpetrated by the British Army (the original title was buggering me)

And Seamus Twomey. Leader of the Belfast PIRA in the 70s.

Do you know what happened in the lead up to Kingsmill.

You horrible bastard.

I also see you ignored condemning Dunmanway.

You horrible bastard.

Bit of a Ratko Mladic defence, that one.

They always announced when they broke one. They were on one when Kingsmills happened and never claimed responsibility.
Ira members did Kingsmills but I wouldn’t cry foul about the organization not taking responsibility for it in their name when it wasn’t sanctioned.

Neither of those two points has anything to do with your comment on Kingsmill serving a purpose.

Including what happened in the days before. Sectarian slaughter is never justified.

The Protestant lads tried to protect their Catholic mate because they thought he was for it given what had gone on. Tragic. Ordinary people caught up in savage acts.

War can be a nasty business. 35 Catholic civilians were murdered in south Armagh in the year before Kingsmills. The Brits and RUC were involved in all these murders. Who should the Catholic population in S. Armagh have called on for defense?

Is ‘defence’ killing ten people because of their religion?

You’re ignorant and you should really shut your trap when you’re commenting on matters you are ignorant on.

Are you aware of the murder triangle?

Have you heard of the Glenanne Gang?

Did you hear about the O’Dowd and Reavey killings?

If you are then you should have some context.

And still no condemnation of Dunmanway from you.

You horrible bastard.

2 Likes

Answer the question. Who should the Catholic population have turned to for defense against mass murder?

I am fully aware of all of that. You are a sectarian prick.

1 Like

I have condemned Kingsmill here.

You have refused to condemn Dunmanway after being given numerous chances to.

You haughty sectarian prick.

1 Like

You are somehow trying to align Kingsmill with defending Catholics which I cannot accept.

The answer is I don’t know but shooting 10 Protestants dead doesn’t form part of it,

I fully understand and accept that Catholic populations justifiably turned to the IRA to protect them since 1969 - I know of families in that regard. But killing ordinary working people due to their religion doesn’t form part of that. It never can.

1 Like

What I’d like to know is why he refuses to condemn sectarian murders that the founding fathers of his state were involved in.

It’s not the first display of theatrics from Farmer and won’t be the last.

I asked you a series of questions and it seems you were unable to answer them as you are ignorant and uninformed.

You sectarian prick.

Apply that question to Palestine. Your answer is totally different.

You’re by far the most sectarian poster on the forum, aren’t you?

Six Catholic civilians were murdered the night before Kingsmills, like all prior attacks of the previous year organized and carried out by UDR and RUC members. The Brits were clearly trying to escalate to civil war, and didn’t give a shit how many on either side were murdered. You have to see it in that context, a community being murdered by their own state security forces. You can question the morality of what was done, but then for consistency you have to question all actions in all wars which targeted civilians.

Deflection.

It’s not deflection at all. The questions are the exact same, except as regards the greater scale of the oppression suffered by the Palestinian people.

If you’re saying Kingsmills was justified, and it appears you sort of are, I don’t see how you can have much problem with suicide bombings and the like.

Why can’t @farmerinthecity condemn sectarian murders in West Cork?