You Are Not Stuck In Covid, You Are Covid Part 6 of infinite

funnily enough havent seen tony suggest that their meetings be televised. and tony wasnt exactly pro transparency when it came to cervical check

3 Likes

Do you support the muzzling of NPHET?

When you join the Civil Service you have to sign the Civil Service Code, in which you swear to never publicly criticize government policy, write letters into the papers, etc. A noble servant of the State like @glasagusban has upheld this every day of his life and expects public servant doctors to do the same.

The Civil Service Code is a very serious thing, I decided not to join the civil service because of it. Some people obviously decide to just sign it, get all the benefits of a state job and just ignore it. Every time NPHET call for increased restrictions they’re effectively criticizing current policy.

That was unreal in fairness… Camped out in the house after barricading himself and family in and then the letter box goes… Pure panic sets in.

Sat staring at the envelope for an hour wondering what could possibly be in there - Weighing up shortest routes to the hospital - he gets the courage to open it…

Give me that fuckin phone … WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO US. YOU NEARLY MURDERED US ALL. FUCK OFF.

Burn that fucking card and the 50 euro in it.

14 Likes

muzzling? theyre an advisory body, unelected and apparently unanswerable to anyone.

NPHET advises the government who discuss the recommendations at cabinet. cabinet discussions are confidential as are the papers that go to cabinet

i would however cede that its a bit rich for martin and his band of leakers to complain about leaks coming from elsewhere

3 Likes

Do you support their muzzling?

Why are we not hearing more about the meetings that are happening?

Why are there no more press conferences?

It’s because those press conferences would disturb the bourgeois fantasy of a “meaningful Christmas” again.

Where is the transparency?

Bear in mind, again, that you and others were the same people that were demanding transparency before.

Now yis seem to be demanding the opposite.

It’s a ludicrous position.

This is both nonsense and idiotic.

1 Like

How you be pro-muzzling the public health body and yet pro-transparency?

They are fundamentally opposing positions.

@Tank

18 Likes

Do NPHET want all of their meetings televised? I remember early in the pandemic they weren’t even taking notes at the meetings.

1 Like

Get out of that fucking grotto granny, fucking unreal.

2 Likes

How was I the only one who liked that? Best post we ever had nearly.

Tank has already explained it to you. Senior civil servants do not and should not be speaking at variance to government policy. It’s a really simple concept. You’d be up in arms if it was happening elsewhere.

1 Like

I used it to attack him to get likes for myself. Standard like generating tactics.

2 Likes

Why have they been muzzled?

Where is the transparency?

This is really simple stuff.

Is this an admission that the Government is going against public health advice?

It’s in your contract as a civil servant that you don’t express any political opinions publicly.

I think the rule is we should only muzzle NPHET when they are gaslighting about schools. When they try to bounce the government into increased restrictions we should not muzzle them.

1 Like

You’re right, they shouldn’t be muzzled. That’s wrong in a democratic country… However, they should be fucked off for incompetency. They have got it wrong multiple times yet they are still in their position of authority. Get competent people in, scrap muzzling.

1 Like

In a failed pre-emptive attempt to minimise the deserved ridicule, Nanna Hunt was waiting on Covid test results. She had all the symptoms but anyway… carry on.

You’re just making stuff up now. Very weak.