Your Favourite Tom Ryan Anecdote From Unlimited Heartbreak

‘We’re cursed in Limerick by division,… arguments, bitterness and petty jealousness as far back as the 40s, it’s holding us back’

Tom is a wise and great man. He can see straight through all you bitter nay sayers posting here.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I never stayed in the Railway Hotel although i hear that it’s a dump and that the crowd from weston down in the bar will keep you awake all night!It’s a grand spot for breakfast though while i wait for my bus!

Whether you like it or not no Limerick manager since has had the success that Tom Ryan had.If the county board left Tom alone instead of bringing in Eamonn Cregan to dismantle that team Limerick could have landed the all ireland.

Bollox.

Tell me about the Limerick managers over the past few years that have enjoyed the success that Tom Ryan had so and if you look at things objectively you will see that Cregan took a wrecking ball to that Limerick team.

He had a great panel BC. Different times and his methods back then would not work with a modern day player imo.

A load of if my sister had balls she’d be my brother stuff really.

Ryan had as much of a chance as anyone could ask for and blew it. Quite probably held that team back. Never took responsibility for any mistake, an has never shut up talking about how great he is on any soapbox he could get up on since. An entertaining character is Tom, but people would want to face up, he blew it, he is now a dinosaur. Did Cregan dismantle that team too soon?YIddishs. Did he have as good a squad of players as Ryan? No. Who has a better managerial recod? Cregan, all Ireland, no contest. Good luck and thanks Tom.

Fellas are focusing too much on what he lost but Tom’s team won three titles in years where winning a Munster meant much more than it does now. For 60 odd minutes of the 94 Final everything was going grand. Hard for a sideline to bring back a game that has been turned on its head like that in a flash. Can be criticised for the bizarre Galligan thing in the 1996 final but does he not get credit for winning Munster? Was it all the players’ credit when games were won and all Tom’s fault when the games were lost?

Next year it’ll be 16 years since we’ve won anything at all and we’ve had plenty of fine players since so I think Tom deserves some credit for delivering something in a county that now is lucky to even win a game, never mind a title of some sort.

It is a measure of how far this country has fallen when people delight on the bad language of others