Your Sportstar/s of 2008

Google it.

Kenny Egan would be my choice, olympic medals don’t grow on trees when your Irish

A legend! Surprised that a west brit is unaware of this Rugby genius.

i like rugby league from my time in Oz ,went to a couple of union games found them boring (Aus NZ in lansdowne & Ireland OZ in brisbane)

not too many rogbee union clubs in the north county

Cristiano Ronaldo.

International: Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps

Irish: Padraig Harrington and honorable mention to Kenny Egan (bad form dumping the bird though)

Bogmosters trying to put labels on people. Hilarious to say the least.

Petey Williams

[quote=“Flano”]Bogmosters trying to put labels on people. Hilarious to say the least.

Petey Williams[/quote]

Shark Boy

In an Irish context, Sean Cavanagh for his worldwide exploits, with very honourable mentions to Paddy Harrington, Kenny Egan and Eoin Larkin in that order.

Chris Porter of Motherwell would be my international sports star of the year for his superb equaliser from two yards against Rangers in May that handed the initiative to Celtic in the SPL title race.

Good shout for Porter Sid. I’d have the Manchester police ahead maybe for the frolics with the hun fans but hard to argue between them.

On a more local level for the TFK Astro team it gives me little pleasure but to concede that I was probably player of the calendar year. An unfortunate broken bone meant I missed much of the spring and then a wedding and resultant honeymoon put paid to most of the summer. But when I was there I was superb and regrettably the lads struggled without me.

Honourable mentions to Bandage who suffered a loss of form in the summer but seems to have recovered somewhat in recent weeks after stomach tuck surgery and to Briantinnion who continues to impress all with his tidy and downright attractive general appearance.