12 pubs of Christmas

He likes drinking tea and talking to drunk young lads.

The image of the lads heading from one turnip munching territory to the next in a hackney on the piss is comedy gold.

:slight_smile:

Jesus I wouldn’t be able for that at all, hoping in and out of taxi’s all day. Can’t even have a decent sit down and you’re on the move again. A lot easier if you’re still a teenager though puke.

Sounds fcuking expensive, designated drivers come cheaper than €200 where I come from. And wouldn’t 7-8 people require a bus rather than a cab? You could do this tour coming back from a match in Thurles for free.

These young kids piss away money like there’s no tomorrow.

So it seems the Provincial 12 Pubs gets the TFK thumbs down

To answer a multitude of queries that have been voiced…firstly the north tipp tour has been done 3 times and the East Clare tour has been done once…the hackney lad we get has one of the Volkwagon those van/bus yolks that seats 8…We all know the man years and is good craic himself and is well used to us talking shit to him drunk…NCC you have never really drank in the country as you seem to think cabs just grow on trees…Also it is important to have him around as you could go to the likes of Kilbane or Garrykennedy and they could be fairly shit on that given day so a quick exit might have to be made…

The Twelve Pubs of Christmas is an absolutely legend session. I’ve partaken more than once and it’s a fantastic evening’s entwisting.
All objections seem to be along the lines of
a)it’s organised,
b)it might have cunts involved.

a) I understand that any given bunch of accountants generally have wild boozefueled weekends of excess and to impose a gameplan of sorts would stymie your creatively wild debauchery. The Twelve Pubs is merely a session with a map. Partaking is mostly an acceptance that you will get fucked up on the jar, which is, as we all know, a noble commitment. The ones around Dublin I’ve been on have usually ended up in O Donoghue’s on Baggot street which has a large outdoor area where it’s suitable for fifty odd drunks to be mouldy. The Twelve Pubs actively encourages mouldiness and rewards bingers. It also has a timetable enables any wellie wearing, sistersticking accountant with fuck all to talk about to engage with someone other than his team leader or computer.
b) Every situation in daily life raises the possibility of meeting a cunt. As the old phrase goes: ‘Sure you could be hit by a bus in the morning’-In which case the bus driver was obviously a cunt. As was listed earlier. It’s easy to get away from said cunt.

Give it a go.

[quote=“gola”]Certainly sounds like it to me. It actually looks like a day that would be good craic in fairness but I can’t imagine you’ve done it as often as you seem to be suggesting puke. I’d wager once, maybe twice tops. Or possibly its just a drunken idea that never got off the ground.
A big problem for me would be the taxi driver coming round with ya. I hate having a sober fella you don’t know on a session I’d be far too self conscious of him and would be half-cut and trying to include him in conversation/be sound to him.
Far too much like hard work.[/quote]

Lads I cant believe even the Muldoons on here are questioning Puke on this. I thought every gang of lads under thirty, from shit city, culchieville would haver had there own super sunday route no?

I would say I have gone ono one of these, not so mystery, tours on 50+ occasions in my life.

The key to having the craic on all these things is that you can swap drinking partners between pubs so you get to have the banter with everyone.

Flano, Bandage, Farmer etc, yer fucking mid twenties lads with not a sniff of a girlfriend between ye. Going out and actually having a bit of craic rather than sitting in Mulligans drinking pints until its time to go to Coppers (when every fella in Dublin is after hishole) might be an idea.

[quote=“north county corncrake”]too many holes in his story

why not get a cab at each location rather than having some stranger watch you get drunk[/quote]

you fucking jackeen eejit

[quote=“dancarter”]

Flano, Bandage, Farmer etc, yer fucking mid twenties lads with not a sniff of a girlfriend between ye. Going out and actually having a bit of craic rather than sitting in Mulligans drinking pints until its time to go to Coppers (when every fella in Dublin is after hishole) might be an idea.[/quote]

What a gobshite.

Here Judge Carter - get down off the bench and stop judging. I think that you are lying about having a bird like you lied about riding in the safe.

Either that or she is puck ugly.

The day I take advice from a clown like you will be the day I keel over.

I have never done this 12 pubs lark but booked in to do it next Friday and Saturday…I am not looking forward to next Sunday to be honest

[quote=“farmerinthecity”] Judge Carter -

The day I take advice from a clown like you will be the day I keel over.[/quote]

Tiiiiiiiimmmbeeeeeeer!

Little mini eathquake should it happen to you.

[quote=“The Puke”]A good session myself and a few others(normally around 7 or 8 of us) do is book a hackney cab for the day and just go on a tour of either North Tipp or East Clare

North Tipp would include:
Ballina
Portrua
Garrykennedy
Newtown
Silvermines
Newport
Killoscully
Birdhill

East Clare:
Clonlara
O Briens Bridge
Kilbane
Broadford
Kilkishen
Tulla
Sixmilebridge
Cratloe

Normally done on a sunday from about midday…Everbody kicks in 25 euro for the cab and about an hour to an hour and a half is spent in each village…good auld craic and under no real pressure as the cab driver normally comes around with us drinking tea and having the banter…[/quote]

do ye still have topless barmaids down thst side of the country?

Touchy touchy, Farmer.
Dan really got to you with the mulligan bachelors remark.
Think about it. You’re young, you have a good job…you can easily afford a handjob off a skanky whore.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]What a gobshite.

Here Judge Carter - get down off the bench and stop judging. I think that you are lying about having a bird like you lied about riding in the safe.

Either that or she is puck ugly.

The day I take advice from a clown like you will be the day I keel over.[/quote]

Fuck you you streak of piss. Look at the first post on the thread and see who started the judging around here!!

badly fucking rattled you negative hypocritical clown.

Cunts in work going on it tonight down Wexford St and into city centre. I’m going for the sole reason that the cunt organising it uses a whistle to move people from pub to pub. He should be getting it shoved down his neck by the time we get to Flannerys.

[quote=“Juhniallio”]Touchy touchy, Farmer.
Dan really got to you with the mulligan bachelors remark.
Think about it. You’re young, you have a good job…you can easily afford a handjob off a skanky whore.[/quote]

With regards to my earthquake comment in was in retaliation to your timber one (and I even put a little smiley face on the post to show that I was only taking the piss and that I found you post quite amusing). Christ can we not have some banter without someone being described as being touchy.

Carter I merely expressed my dissatisfaction with the 12 pubs of Christmas horseshite. You on the other hand cast aspersions on me personally and others, without knowing anything about us as if you have it all sussed or something.

Well I have news for you you dont.

I see the ol’ Farmer v Dancarter is back anyway.
Here Puke, you said any piss ups that have an itinerary or are organised are always shite. You’re fecking taxi tour is a contradiction of huge proportions.