2016 Allianz National Football League

Post edited.

Different Peter Turley pal.

Jesus, thatā€™s awful. RIP

Peter Turley of Saval is the deceased.

Peter Turley of Downpatrick who played against Monaghan today is not the person in question.

1 Like

A local man came over for a chat to welcome us to Corrigan Park earlier and mentioned after a while his son was joint Antrim manager. As the man in question was definitely not Gerry Adams, I figured he must have been Frank Fitzsimons Senior. What an honour to speak with Republican and GAA royalty. I knew he played in one Ulster Final and asked him about that. He said they should have been back to a couple more but his career was cut short because he ā€œhad to go back and spend a good few years in collegeā€. He was laughing and said, ā€œI mean Long Kesh.ā€ FotF Ewan MacKenna had an article with Frank Senior a few years ago when Antrim qualified for the Ulster Final. Iā€™ve linked it below. It was terrible what those British bastards did to decent Irish people.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=12510.65;wap2

10 Likes

Does Paddy McBrearty still play soccer? I thought McGuinness might try and bring him to Celtic.

Iā€™m honoured to give this post its tenth like

Up the RA!!!

Did you disclose the fact to him that youā€™re also in the RA?

Not sure, pal. He had trials with Celtic before though, I think?

Donegal have amassed 3-15 and 2-14 in their opening two league games. Its only the league, and its only February, but thats impressive shooting given the conditions.

I doubt he played over the winter as he was carrying an injury throughout the club championships.

McGuinness wouldnā€™t even pick him on the Donegal team, not to mind Celtic

@Bandage

I see David Power is making a clown of himself again.

Wasnā€™t the Carlow manager saying something similar last week?

Common theme being they both lost.

Power has a proven track record of being a Screaming Mary.

Yerra Turlough is fucking cracked, did you see the youtube video I posted before that he posted before the Laois game last year? Mental.

Antrim have let themselves be walked over and humiliated for decades, fair fucks if theyā€™re willing to stand up for themselves at last.

Yeah, the game was pretty dour and conditions didnā€™t help but it was actually played in a decent spirit overall despite its stop-start nature. I didnā€™t see the apparent box in the head, the clothesline tackle was bad enough but I think a yellow card was the right call as itā€™s not a black card offence and I didnā€™t think it warranted a red. The other incident was more stepping than stamping and Iā€™m not sure if there was any intent - Iā€™ve a history of giving Gaelic footballers the benefit of the doubt in such instances. Speaking of which, Matty Forde is going to be suspended for a bit of sideline jostling in the first game against Leitrim. As a Wexford supporter, I didnā€™t come away feeling we were robbed by the referee or the victims of thuggery.

In the match in Ballyshannon on Sunday Cork were throwing in the high tackles in the first ten minutes when the game was getting away from them and were lucky, in first of the instances, not to have a red card.

Then another one of them did if within two minutes and it was followed up on with one more before the red had a word with them.

Colm O Rourke said how Mick Lyons used to tell the Meath lads before a match that if someone needed to be ā€œstraightened outā€ to do it good and early because the referee would be less willing to send someone off in the first ten minutes. Given how Meath used to do it for the solid 70 minutes however, I dont think they listened to him.

If Mick told you to do something, you were probably as well to keep doing it until he told you to stop.