Conlon likely to miss the league final

Why?

Sore paw

Well done to our football team

1 Like

confirmed

The concussion case?

No, ankle ligaments. Flanagan is the one with the concussion

Davy not half dramatic with his “devastating news” spiel re the concussion.

He’s missing a game of hurling, not seen all his family wiped out in a freak accident.

4 Likes

Informative

Happy to hear its not him given his past with it.

Davy isn’t what you’d call a master of understatement.

3 Likes

:laughing:

Like how is the chap going to be devastated when he hears that he’s not playing when Davy talks to him? Surely after Davy saying in the papers he’s not playing the unnamed player who’s concussed he’ll figure out that it’s him and know he ain’t playing!
So basically the chap is devastated to learn he’s not playing through an interview Davy gave to the press saying he couldn’t start the player who’s currently concussed!

2 Likes

The player hasn’t trained or played since the game and would have known that he wouldn’t have been playing again until cleared medically. It won’t be any surprise to him

Who is the player in question? Its not like its some highly sensitive information

So he isn’t.

1 Like

Exactly so I dunno what Davy was banging on about as if it’ll be a major shock to the player and something he isn’t aware of until before he names the team!

You were concussed so you were so I’ve taken the decision that you’re not starting, so you’re not.

3 Likes

I think we will get a decent game Sunday… I can see Davy just letting the lads go out and hurl and not paying too muchheed to keeping 13 men in their own half like they usually do… He won’t want Derek copping that this early in the year.

1 Like

If say Derek McGrath may have spotted that try do that already?! If say both teams will be doing all they can to win in Sunday
I see Conlon has been ruled out

You’re after getting him dropped after all his years of sterling service.

Rice and Brian Kennedy dropped off panel according to indo. Kennedy is a lovely hurler and was given loads of chances but ultimately was too small and not strong enough for corner back. He’ll probably be replaced by one of the numerous slow, gangly good in the air droid defenders being produced year after year by the development squads.

1 Like