2016 Allianz National Hurling League

There were better players on the same KK team as Shefflin

Are you okay, pal. You seem upset today.

Such as ?

The other 14.

JJ, Tommy Walsh.

3 Likes

I’m perfectly fine, what’s it to you anyway :grimacing:

Calm down, please.

Scratch a south KK man and you’ll find a Blaa underneath.

Delete that quick, he is dangerously on edge this afternoon.

Real Kilkenny men know their hurling :clap:

31 started on the pitch and the worst performance was by diarmuid kirwan

1 Like

About 8 very soft/bizzare frees…by letter of law Podge should have went as should a Waterford player…Nash got the road for less…where’s the consistency?

1 Like

Well done to all my Clate online chums, particularly @Joe_Player. Very enjoyable game of hurling. Disappointing to lose it in the finish but that’s sport. Thought the referee refereed it very sensibly. But we should have shown a bit more composure at the end and we’d have got over the line. But we will learn from it.
Anyway it’s a lovely Clare team and it’s great to see them back.

10 Likes

Only seeing the highlights. Terrible decision at the end from Kerwin, should have been a free the other way. But congrats to Clare

Acc to Eddie Brennan Clare did extremely well to come back today as they were ‘under the kibosh for long periods’.

2 Likes

Davy and Ogie do a very good job of influencing referees. At one stage Ogie ran to the far sideline to remonstrate with the linesman for not seeing an incident he couldn’t have seen. Also Kirwan would only be human not to want to risk another Vesuvian eruption from Davy by giving a free to Barron after the carry on of him after Gleeson had the temerity to get a smack on the face and look for medical assistance.

2 Likes

Would referees really be that afraid of him? Surely you’d have to laugh at his antics really?

Depends on the ref. But I’d say they’d happily subconsciously do whatever guarantees the easy life. Galway played Kk a few years ago and Cody tore Kirwan a new arsehole at half time. Kirwan hardly gave Galway a free in the second half.

1 Like

Michael Lyster trying to dampen down any potential controversy as usual.

SeĂĄnie McGrath is a good pundit.

Diarmuid Kirwan has to get up for work in the morning*

*not sure if he has a job.