2016 Allianz National Hurling League

Its surely a white Clare polo shirt?

Yes, exciting game, but fuck the hurling was beyond putrid at times.
If this is what the modern game is going to be, with ruck after ruck and 7 or 8 lads on top of each other trying to rise the ball, then fuck it, it will have gone the way of Bogball. Which would be an awful shame.

The amount of unforced errors from both sides today too was appalling.
Granted 'tis early May, but…

1 Like

Somebody please throw up the video of that Clare chap on facebook running the Hurling Banter page.

It’s like a scene from the end of Winning Streak when people surround the chap who’s spun the wheel.

3 Likes

:grin: What a roaster.

3 Likes

:joy:

That chap must be on some lists.

speaking of free money what will you put on my generous odds?

He needs a good hiding.

Looking at it again there I’d say Diarmuid Kirwan was within his rights not to give the free to Barron, and the free to Kelly was 50/50.

Today sets ye up well for championship imo mate.

Clare wanted it more in the end…ye need to go all out when it matters most this year.

No harm been robbed in the end it’s only the league…ye’'ll owe them one and all that. Has the makings of a cracking Munster semi now in a few weeks. Glesson vs Kelly is intriguing.

You are being too magnanimous there, Fagan. 50/50 me hole, never a free.

I’ve seen them given.

Excluding today?

1 Like

Yes.

It was a very soft free - another draw was probably fairest result and then see who comes out on top in extra time.
I think Waterford will be better in June but so will Clare - Waterford held back Shanahan today also.
I do think Waterford are a bit too slow on the line, Mahony was cleaned out all day and something should have been done there. Moran has been poor over the two games bar a good score today, Dillon the same - if we have a panel we should be using it and be ruthless enough. Cody would have whipped one or two of the lads off early today when it was obvious they weren’t going well, Waterford winning was masking that but I knew Clare would come strong and the winning score came from that wing. Every one of Kelly’s puck outs in the first half went down that wing. They had Tony Kelly and Podge flying up that same side and Waterford never reacted. Clare targeted the weakness today.That won’t be good enough in June.

1 Like

I didn’t see any of the game yesterday. Was kirwan really that bad? I see john mullane in today’s indo calling for him to retire

He was so so. Missed a few decisions against both teams IMHO. I am also informed that he bottled sending off Austin Gleeson for a filthy stroke off the ball on David Fitzgerald which his linesman brought to his attention. He booked Gleeson for the strike

Gleeson again :rollseyes: