2016 Allianz National Hurling League

That’s all very well, but if a marginal free call had gone the other way, you wouldn’t be asking the question.

would agree there isn’t much consistency in that to not give it one but give it the other. But it was one free. Waterford would be better off wondering why they let go a 6 point lead late on and were up by 4 going into injury time and went onto lose the game when it was put up to them. The way some of them are going on you’d swear there was some sort of conspiracy or that the ref played Clare back into the game.

2 Likes

I think it’s just that Waterford and its people are instinctively likeable. It’s alway been that way, I wouldn’t try to over analyse it.

5 Likes

Yes, I’d agree with that and I think Clare would have a grievance over not getting a free when Noel Connors tipped the forwards helmet in the corner. In fairness Kirwan was probably playing for the draw but Stephen O Keeffe hadn’t read the script.

1 Like

Tony Kelly had a clear point ruled out last week that would have won it for Clare and we did not moan.
@HBV @Fagan_ODowd

2 Likes

No Joe. Clare people never moan. That’s one of the things that distinguishes ye as a county, your stoic forbearance.

9 Likes

4 weeks is the real hurliing

Ye’ll probably have 8 at the back for that so?

:grin:

I don’t think it does Waterford any favours to turn one refereeing decision into a huge distraction. It’s only the league. Hardly worth getting worked up about it.

If it was a clear point it would have been given!

we cant allow people destroy ancient beautiful things just because they are likable borderline simpletons.

I fully agree. Time to move on.

will we give ye the cup today

No Joe, don’t do that.

The first nil all draw in hurling

:laughing:

Mullane is rattled.

IT was hard not to feel sorry for him yesterday as he was pleading with Daly about how tough it was being a Waterford man and never having done back to back in anything. I nearly had to wipe the tears away.

What goes around

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DnovpepnIhs

1 Like

I find him very weasel like.