2016 Allianz National Hurling League

1916 jerseys

Big crowd in Walsh Park today to see the Waterford bandwagon grind to a halt. Dublin were better all over the field except the goalie who was poor. I’d say Waterford were very flat after last weeks efforts and were beginning to believe their own hype so I’d say it’s no harm the bubble was pricked early enough in the season. Unless Paidi Mahony is back for the championship, we are bunched. We are losing three or four points a game on missed frees. Treacy by comparison didn’t miss one.

Most should be available for selection, hopefully with another Limerick All Ireland medal in their back pocket.

Fuck me and Ard scoil in the final as well. Thats 3 AIF’s in six months.

U21
Colleges
Secondary Schools
Club

Hoping the seniors can complete a clean sweep for Limerick teams :+1:

1 Like

**[quote=“Fagan_ODowd, post:1003, topic:21932, full:true”]
Big crowd in Walsh Park today to see the Waterford bandwagon grind to a halt. Dublin were better all over the field except the goalie who was poor. I’d say Waterford were very flat after last weeks efforts and were beginning to believe their own hype so I’d say it’s no harm the bubble was pricked early enough in the season. Unless Paidi Mahony is back for the championship, we are bunched. We are losing three or four points a game on missed frees. Treacy by comparison didn’t miss one.
[/quote]

Strange as it may seem, that defeat may do Waterford more good then harm. They were looking for their 12th straight win in the league today. It will ground them a bit and give McGrath ( who I have great time for) something to work on

1 Like

Agree rating.

Should be a savage crowd in Ennis next Sunday. Thinking of taking Monday off

They reckon about 15k

If the weather is anything like today they’ll pack the place

It’ll be a roaster convention.

3 Likes

I’m just going ti see Donal Og in his new cap

2 Likes

Felt the quality of Waterford - Tipp and KK were both above today. Galway turn over alot of sill ball in last 15. Their decision making is suspect.

Cork - Flash in the pan for now. Seemed like a reactionary performance although small bit of Flannerys edge being shown. Still they have to back it up. Getting annoyed or embarrassed into performance has a short lifespan. We’ll see.

Kk - dogged as fuck.

TJ or Joe???

Joe by a nose as he is surrounded by lesser players (not by much). But he was playing midfield, centre & full forward all at the same time today it seemed. Back to his underage days of outrageous performances.

Hurling far better so far this year. People have also adjusted to the new style which is more evident than ever. The battles are tough.

1 Like

Referees seem stricter and more yellow cards being issued.

Cork played well on Saturday but still conceded a very big score. Playing Harnedy as a target man and going long to him is way overdue.

Ya it may also drag teams back and creat more space for others.

Despite late mistake, Collins could be the man to upsurp that other langer.

I went anyway, parked up by 2 pm, missed the first five minutes.
Bit of grub in the Galleon, quick walk along the seafront, back in Fingal by 8pm.
Nice not to lose a close game for a change.

1 Like

Good man yourself, well done. I love those last minutes jaunts to matches. I got to Thurles just after the anthem last Sunday.

1 Like

Anyone who watched the full game yesterday, where was Canning playing? Looking at highlights he seemed to be out the field for the most of the game? Christ but he is a joy to watch in that form.

Did he take a awful lot of steps for the goal, like 15 or so?

6 at the most by my count, but he was probably fouled by Maher as well so could have been given benefit of the doubt. Unreal poise and balance for a man of his size. You’d take his ability for granted sometimes

@Fagan_ODowd incidentally not half as many steps as Harnedy took for Corks second on Saturday.