2016 Allianz National Hurling League

John McGrath’s been Tipp’s best forward all through the league in fairness. Could well be a superstar yet

The defending champions ignored for any TV coverage in the quarter finals - shocking stuff. So no cameras in Wexford Park to see Lee Chin sending Austin Gleeson for a pie and chips with a dummy for his first half point, Gleeson motoring upfield just after half time to level it, Shanahan scoring a cracker on the run from out wide with O’Keeffe and Moore all over him and Harry Kehoe’s brilliant equaliser which was worked from inside our own square upfield or Brick Walsh’s wily dive for the winning Shanahan free. This is very disappointing.

2 Likes

What to you think of clare

Hiding in the #longrass

There should be a specific thread to document each and every fuck up RTE’s sports department makes, especially on Sunday Sport on Radio One and that nights League Sunday on tv.

Even tonight Lyster says “and we must mention Kerry for their great win today.”

That match was on last night.

1 Like

Well done Davey

Impressive showing considering who was missing. Great attitude shown to grind out a result which looked beyond them with 10 mins left.

The bantz

1 Like

Irony overload.

This waffle from a cunt calling for Brendan Maher NOT to be on the team. Fuck off with your tiresome shit.

1 Like

Thought some of Tipp’s tactics were strange today. Why take Breen out of midfield where he was going well and move him to half forward where he was anonymous? Also asking Callinan to come from full forward to 40 yards from goal in the first half was a poor ploy, Pat O’Connor handled him with relative ease when he drifted out. Callinan had a decent size and strength advantage why not leave him inside and put it in direct to him?

Ronan Maher has a serious paw on him and looks like he could develop into a fine hurler. Padraig Maher and Noel McGrath haven’t really improved a jot since they burst on the scene 6 or 7 years ago, you could almost argue that they have gone backwards.

Why should Brendan Maher be on the team? What has he done in 5 years? Once again I’ll ask, name three half important games in which he’s played well in since 2010. You can’t carry a lad who goes full halves without touching the ball and expect to win anything.

I hate to seem to be this critical of Brendan Maher because I know that his loss of form since 2010 is mainly down to his bad injury in 2011 rather than anything wrong with his attitude or application which you can’t question but I don’t want to let this thick cunt, who I recall wanted Bonnar Maher off the team when he was in his prime and Tipp’s most important player a few years ago away with talking shite

1 Like

Log out you clown.

Ya Breen should have been left midfield, I’d like to see him and Bergin in midfield for championship but the chances of that seem slim to none. Thought Padraic Maher was good today but from the potential you would have seen when he was 20 or 21 he has definitely stagnated

The usual oul shite from you. Either answer my question or fuck off

You’re away for a dirty break with your missus and you’re arguing with some lad on the internet. Put the phone down.

Agree.

Noel can get away with his lazy looking style as he can produce moments of gold but in reality he is a luxury addition. His brother seems to have double the drive & intensity in him.

Paudie seems over bulked up, almost as if the gym has reduced his natural ability & yard of pace.

In saying all that, on their day they are game winners but looking on over the League has been at times tough.

Dirty? I fucking wish.

Maher was perfect against those KK teams because they would land high ball down on him, teams were far more naïve 5 years ago. He is probably unparalleled in his ability to catch a ball, go past his man and hit a 50/60 meter ball diagonally to the FF line but he failed to develop his game outside of that. Gets beaten up a stick when he isn’t hugging the sideline.

Thought Padraig Maher was much improved today in fairness.
Moving Mikey Breen was poor, Bubbles and Noel McGrath cannot both be accommodated at this stage.

John McGrath was excellent.

Tipp forwards tend to get the blame for a lot of their woes, but while we have some good hurlers in the backs, they really don’t defend well as a unit.

Conor O’Brien got his obligatory yearly roasting and will once again slip back to the periphery of the panel.

James Barry was poor today particularly for the 2nd goal.

John Conlon impressive for Clare.

Was the Tipperary keeper taken out by a sniper for the second goal?

2 Likes