2016 Allianz National Hurling League

What was Eddie Brennan saying?

Absolutely nothing of note

1 Like

I’m not surprised

They should have had a right cut off Limerick and they didn’t go there.

They were far to kind which is even more depressing.

He should have had a right cut of Kilkenny and said Jackie was finished

Kilkenny would have some haul of senior All Ireland titles if they’d a decent keeper over the past 20 years.

Fuck sake bandage

Kilkenny when they get the two Fennelly’s, Paul Murphy, Larkin and Conor Fogarty back will be a different kettle of fish. But as was shown in 2013, if they pick up a few knocks and have to delve into their panel they are very much mortal. They will need all five of those mentioned back fit and hurling well. Also Joey Holden can expect to tested a lot more aerially this summer after today. Dublin should look to put Liam Rushe in on top of him if they meet them in the Leinster semi final.

5 Likes

I’d agree with that. It’s all very well saying they have 5 players to come back in but if one of TJ Reid or Padraig Walsh gets an injury they’re absolutely fucked and the cover on the line is threadbare. Some of those subs they brought in today were an embarrassment to the legend of the stripes.

Dublin won’t get to the Leinster semi final my old pal.

Long grass cunning plan etc etc.

2 Likes

Then Conor McDonald will have to do it so

1 Like

Agreed. Kieran Joyce was carried off the pitch at the end. If either of him, Walsh or Buckley are missing they haven’t much to come in. I assume Tyrell was take off simply to light a fire under him in the coming weeks, there were plenty others who could have been subbed.

He was gesticulating towards his left hamstring I thought as he came off.

He limped off alright.

It struck me as a game that Cody gave Tyrell to play himself off the panel so that he can drop him without any fuss.

1 Like

That is an interesting theory. Alex Jones would be proud of that one.

Cracking observation.

Cody doesn’t do that type of thing.

If he didn’t want Jackie there he just wouldn’t be there. Regardless of how many all Irelands he has or how loyal he’s been.

He was tripped just at the end clearing the ball. I thought he got a bang to the knee or something like that as the Clare man who tripped him also went down at the time too holding his leg.

Will lash him an auld text and report back.

1 Like

He was and the physio went out to him and he was replaced.