2018–19 UEFA Nations League and UEFA 2020 qualifying thread

We should start diplomatic incidents with all the good soccer teams

1 Like

There’ll be a lot of great games in this competition

Box Office

Like the good old days when they only let decent teams into the Euros.

That’s a boring draw for us having played both recently.

Or it could be poisonous given bad blood between the sides. The Welsh will be out for blood for our treatement of Joe Allen, we’ll still be sore over Seamie Coleman, and we’ll need to go two footed on Christian Erikkssssen due to him being a bit good.

Norn Iron would have been the dream draw. Would have been right craic.

Ah yea, that goes without saying.

How are Holland still in the top group?

A load of me bollox.

Is the McGrath Cup for international soccer?

this is most underwhelming

that does seem a bit odd.
I haven’t been following closely but thought they were they way off the mark in last couple of campaigns.

The only group with decent games features 12 teams who’d expect to qualify regardless, and even if they don’t qualify they’ll get in through this.

1 Like

How is this linked to the normal qualification route?

Basically what I’m asking is how the feck do Ireland qualify ?

You qualify as normal, but this thing is like a back door, one from each division will win a qualification spot. However IF say everyone in division one has qualified then two from two will qualify, or if everyone bar one in division one has qualified normally that team no matter how shit qualifies regardless of whether they won a game in division one. Similarly if a lot of the teams in two qualified, which should happen, you could end up qualifying in spite of yourself as the next best team. I’d say getting out of your group in one would guarantee qualification and in two would nearly be the same

WTF fuck is this shit they’re on about on the radio? A nations league, is this some friendly shit??

A real novelty factor with this draw for Eire. Have they played either Wales or Denmark recently?

Yes they hammered the shite out of Wales’ golden generation in their own backyard only a few months ago .