2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Was actually more there than i thought there would. Kildare had the majority by far, then us then monaghan then kerry id take it. The croke park hotel was 95% galway while the hurling was on.

Kerry people are decent in fairness. Very congratulatory and good to talk to. I sat on the luas beside a man his daughter and grand daughter who had a 3.5 drive home and were off to clones next week. No complaints all congrats. Really knew there sport. In sharp contrast with other counties bandwagon fans who never travel, couldn’t name a sub and have never been to a club game in their county in years, probably forever.

4 Likes

Some of us foresaw that coming.

4 Likes

I am not too sure if it is a bigger indictment of Kerry’s inability to react to opposition tactics or just the is way Gaelic football is now, but I watched Paul Geaney hold the right corner back position for a few minutes today towards the end when Kerry needed scores

Looking forward to all the ‘Mediocre 8’ games in 2019 being played outside of Croke Park

He was out injured for a long time, can’t remember why exactly, but he’s been back in training the last week I think.

1 Like

They have quite a few players that would certainly have been pushing for places not available right now.

Gillespie, O’Reilly, Jason McGee, McElhinney, Eoin McHugh and Michael Carroll are a few lads who you’d expect to make the 26 if around and fit.

1 Like

Yeah lots of depth there.

I find it surprising that Anthony Thompson is back in. He’d gone back a lot before he left and still looked as slow as ever when he came on yesterday.

Jack kept him

They will never admit it as it’s just not what they do but I know some players who have zero time for him.

I’m surprised by the loss but not surprised by the inability to adjust within the game. Never really seems to be able to change things beyond throwing Donaghy in.

Having said that win in Clones and they make semis. Could be the making of them.

I agree with whoever said it though, leadership is an issue. You cannot rely on Moran or JOD. Geaney is clearly a leader but probably in wrong area of the field and ypu cannot expect SOS and DC to do too much yet.

Clifford is the same age as mbpape mate.

how you mean Jack kept him Kev?

questions being asked of Jack now as well over the exit of under 20s\21s @ the sf stage again

After all the talk about Mayo in recent years it would be gas (and sickening for the Mayo roasters) if Galway came out of nowhere to win the football All-Ireland.

As a result I’m hitching my wagon to them for the rest of the football championship.

#GalwayForSam

6 Likes

Like 1998.

1 Like

98 and 2001 drove Mayo over the edge alright.

It seems they are intrinsically linked on a number of levels and the push from a group of people was it’s works well with them both with Senior/u20

I would suggest that it just really suits the 2 lads more than many.

After last year’s semi there was alot of questions asked.

Yesterday was the 2nd complete tactical collapse in a row in CP. Those against keeping Fitzmaurice will have plenty bullets now.

He was losing the plot with players yesterday. Not a good sign

Seems SOS was played injured too. EF has a habit of doing that. I always have questioned the player management especially around injuries. It’s very poor

Down here we are supporting galway. And sean kelly for young player of the year

1 Like

If they make changes to the scheduling of the Hurling championship with regards the break week in the round robin they’ll surely push everything back a week or two…

They’ll be under pressure to bring the football one even further forward to have it over and done with as it has been so shit. About 90 games and maybe two that were decent.

2 Likes

Still more interesting than hurling.

2 Likes