2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

You were saying they were favourites for the All Ireland last weekend and got snappy at me when I said people are getting carried away about Kerry with little basis for it.

The game below in Wexford was the tie of the season. Electric stuff, everything else has been irrelevant.
CC @padjo

1 Like

Up to that point they had given the most dominant displays. Dublins average enough display showed yhey were returning to the pack

However I obviously re assessed that position somewhat.

However, come out of Monaghan with a win and then Kerry are a very different animal.

I am wondering about their leadership. Fitzmaurice really exposed himself this past week. I am led to believe there is trouble in the camp too.

I expect Monaghan to have a famous win

2 Likes

Have never seen so much commentary on a team, even Kerry, at this time if the year.

Alot of ex players having a pop. Things not good.

Nothing really more dominant than any other side. They beat two mediocre teams well, you generally expect the same from similar quality teams. Tyrone ran a higher score up against Cork a couple of weeks after.

I pointed out there was no solid basis for talking about Kerry as All Ireland favs. Dublin are out there on their own by a considerable difference, with Mayo now gone there’s a vacuum between six sides with not a great deal between them.

Kerry had serious question marks over them and some of them were answered with the Galway game. I wouldn’t write them off reaching an AI final but they won’t be beating Dublin this year.

Hyping a team up because they beat a pair of ordinary sides well is dangerous grounds as I pointed out.

And yet you ranked Tyrone as the second best team in the country because the defeated Carlow, Cork and Roscommon.

4 Likes

No I said they were a better team than Donegal. Your comprehension skills are letting you down again.

You rate Tyrone no. 2 based on exact same credentials :joy::joy::joy:

Could not make it up

As I said I over estimated Kerry and underestimated the Galway resilience

1 Like

I think Tyrone are the best team in Ulster right now, as I’ve repeatedly said there’s a group of 6 sides below Dublin who all have the potential to beat each other. I think Tyrone could possibly be considered the best of that group right now. Kerry are in a state of transition, Donegal and Galway really have to prove it yet, Monaghan have not got beyond the last 8 yet. Kildare are an emerging side now. They could all beat each other.

You stated Kerry were the favourites for the All Ireland because they hammered Clare and Cork. Munster Football is an absolute mess.

No one gives a fuck about fisty bog ball in Munster except Kerry… can people just call it Kerry football and not Munster football and stop associating us with that tripe.

1 Like

You said yesterday on the the Tyrone thread that there was a top 4 including Dublin. Now there’s Dublin and a top 6.

2 Likes

OK so it’s true Kerry used get parachuted into the last 8 of the All Ireland every year. That’s some advantage to have, no wonder they’ve been so successful.

Do you know how a ranking system works?

Donegal are the best team in Ulster.

There is absolutely no way of arguing otherwise.

It’s a FACT

3 Likes

There is and it’s a very strong logic.

Ulster champions 2018 - Donegal

Did Tyrone not enter or something?

Nearly sure they did.

Tyrone will knock Donegal out of the AI Championship. Like they’ve done with Monaghan before them. Tyrone have been the top Ulster side in the past three seasons, no Ulster side have progressed further than them in the AI series in that time.

1 Like

Make up your mind.

Perhaps, could possibly.

Why are your comprehension skills so poor?