2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Guys, what @Cicero_Dandi is saying is you donā€™t need to be the best team in Ulster, to be the best Ulster team. Is that so hard to grasp?

2 Likes

Iā€™m saying itā€™s possible for the best team to beaten in one off games.

If Dublin donā€™t win the All Ireland this year, it still doesnā€™t mean that they donā€™t have the best team in the country.

Thatā€™s the nature about knockout football, itā€™s all on the day.

So Tyrone can be the best team in Ulster, without winning a game in the Ulster Championship due to a one-off game.

However Kerry, after losing a one off game to Galway, can no longer be considered as being better than Tyrone.

Youā€™re all over the place.

2 Likes

Ok, Iā€™ll bite. When Tyrone havenā€™t beaten this Monaghan team in 5 (five) years, Iā€™d say theyā€™re clearly not the best team in Ulster.

1 Like

Tyrone are the best team in Ulster, no Ulster team has made it as far in the AI series as them in the past three years, I doubt any Ulster side will this year either.

But Monaghan havenā€™t gotten any further in the AI series than Tyrone. Theyā€™re not better than Tyrone.

they lost to Dublin last year. Am I right? by 2 points less than Tyrone did

1 Like

Quite simply, I use direct meetings to establish the better team. Not an indirect method, such as yours, which factors in multiple external variables.

How many times have the played?

Ah here.

Tyrone beat them in in 2015 in Croke Park in an AI QF.

Thereā€™s a competition in Ulster every year to decide the best team in Ulster.

You should follow it sometime.

4 Likes

Do you think Fermanagh are a better side than Monaghan?

Thatā€™s a reasonable point. And well made too.

1 Like

Signing out. Tyrone is the best team in ireland.

1 Like

If we disregard all the games Tyrone lost and just concentrate on the ones they won, they are clearly the best side in Ulster.

8 Likes

plus any indirect results with teams other Ulster teams have played, unless of course itā€™s a favourable outcome for Tyrone

You seem to want to ignore Championship performances. Thatā€™s the litmus test and no side in Ulster has made it further than Tyrone in the past three years and I canā€™t see that change this year either.

couldnā€™t give a fuck mate. If you said up, Iā€™d say down

1 Like

Which makes you a fool.