2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The three best teams in that period (2014 to 2017) were Mayo, Dublin and Kerry. Tyrone never beat at of them. Galway have beaten Mayo and Kerry Now. No matter what logic you use Galway are ahead of Tyrone.

2 Likes

They didn’t. Kerry only beat Tyrone in that time too. Mayo beat Kerry and Tyrone. Dublin beat them all.

Galway won their first Championship game in Croke Park in 17 years last weekend. That’s a very shakey logic to use and says more about the state of transition Kerry are in.

I told you time would take its toll on Mayo and it did. I told you to temper your hype about Kerry and you didn’t.

Maybe it’s time you listened?

Selective statistics strike again.

Donegal only had 7/8 of the same starters last Sunday as lined out v Tyrone in 2017. Yet they did better against that Dublin side than Tyrone did in 2017.

Statistics that paint a picture whereas you don’t want to listen to logic and reason.

Yes which is bizarre why you’re talking them up so much.

Tyrone beat none of them.

They’re Ulster Champions and have gotten closer to Dublin than any team other than Mayo or Kerry since the last time they (Dublin) were beaten (coincidentally by Donegal) in 2014.

You also told me Tyrone would beat Dublin last year and look what happened.

Yes. That’s correct but it doesn’t seem to say anything about the point you’re trying to make. You’ve spent the last month on here trying to big up Kerry and Mayo.

Mayo are gone and Kerry just lost in Croke Park to a side who hadn’t won a Championship game there in 17 years.

It seems like you should be listening rather than talking.

I wasn’t on here last year.

Strange that you didn’t use that fact to defend yourself against this.

Closer to Dublin?

Dublin won that game in second gear. You are vastly overstating the performance of Donegal at the weekend. I watched it back, they never looked like winning.

1 Like

But Tyrone have achieved nothing in the past four seasons. They failed to beat either kerry or Mayo. Galway done it one season. Infact you’ve to go back to 09 before Tyrone beat a non ulster side in Croke Park until the Roscommon game this weekend.

Again, comprehension is not a friend of yours.

Previously used is a vague reference, it could be last week, yesterday or 10 years ago.

Last year is a specific reference. I was not a poster on here last year.

Please try and read things more clearly.

Off the top of my head we have beaten Sligo, Meath and Kildare at Croke Park since 2009. Listen, don’t talk.

CAnnon fodder.

You’re the one going round here posting lies.

It means that they were closer when the final whistle was blown. This despite the fact that they took to the field without Paddy McBrearty.

Dublin were only in second gear against Tyrone last year. Watch that back when you get a chance. They went defensive in the last ten minutes as they were scared by the holes that Donegal punched in them on the counter attack.

Finally something we can agree on. Dublin never got out of second gear in the game against Donegal and decided to take the piss out of their defensive tactics for the last 10 minutes of the game by holding onto the ball. Donegal never looked like winning and Donegal didn’t bother their holes trying to win.

So Tyrones results in 2014 dont count as the 2018 team is substantially different but Galways defeat in Croke Park in 2002 is relevant when assessing the current Galway side? How many of the Galway team that played against Kerry in 2002, or even Tipperary in 2016, saw action when beating Kerry last Sunday?

2 Likes