2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Donegal lost. They never looked like winning. You are clutching at straws.

Nope Iā€™m just pointing out Galway had failed to win in 17 years of Championship football at Croke Park and as such they have a lot to prove.

2 Likes

Did you actually watch it? Jamie Brennan missed a goal chance after 26 minutes that would have given Donegal a three-point lead.

Donegal were only four points down with four minutes left when the Dublin defence almost coughed up possession to give Donegal a free run on goal but the ref called up Anthony Thompson for a soft enough free.

I could well understand why a Tyrone supporter would want to believe what happened in the 00ā€™s is still relevant today but alas it isnā€™t. Every team except Dublin has a lot to prove, and Iā€™d include a Tyrone team already beaten by a limited Monaghan in this yearā€™s championship, and very lucky to force extra time against a poor Meath outfit, in that.

Yes I watched it back. Dublin won it in second gear, Donegal never really looked like winning.

1 Like

Iā€™m just commenting that prior to last Sunday, Galway had failed to win a football Championship game in 17 years at Croke Park.

Iā€™ve said from the outset that the other teams under Dublin all have big question marks.

I just thought that it was odd the way people were bigging up Kerry as All Ireland favourites and Donegal as the third best team in the country.

1 Like

That is correct.

This m akes about as much sense as all of your arguments.

Oh weā€™re still doing this? Yay

1 Like

The fact Tyrone were champs in 17 seemed to count for a lot at that point on here

1 Like

Bare faced lies from @Cicero_Dandi. Why canā€™t he be honest to the forum? Kerry beat Mayo in the 2014 All Ireland Semi Final.

3 Likes

A serious clamping.

How could anyone forget those games in CP and Limerick.

So if absolutely everything possible had gone in Donegalā€™s favour and had Dublin not done what they have done (stepped it up in 2nd half and brought on savage subs)in practically every game for the last 3/4 years then Donegal definitely might have won?

I havenā€™t read back so may have missed the context but hadnā€™t you been saying that Donegal were the second best team in it?

Irrelevant to this debate. Last years arguments do not necessarily carry over, unless of course it also suits the debate again. If not, then utterly irrelevant.

1 Like

Iā€™ve made it perfectly clear that Iā€™m only judging Tyrone from 2015-present. In that time, Kerry failed to beat either Dublin or Mayo.

No. I was saying that they had their chances and used two examples. One would have put them three points in front after around 25 minutes, I think.

The other could have out them within a point with five minutes to go after weathering the storm from Dublin.

Ah yeah but that wasnā€™t @Cicero_Dandi it was some other chap. Now they could be mistaken for the same person.

1 Like

:rofl:

2 Likes