2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

We could do a job on the cunts.

Clare had to beat Galway first - a Galway team of champions that he spent weeks ridiculing and belittling before the Clare match. He’s now on here calling me out for getting it horribly wrong on the Galway v Clare semi final, when I got in absolutely on the money, predicting Galway to win by just 1 score. I’ll spare him the humiliation (for the moment) of posting up some of his pre-match Galway v Clare comments.

2 Likes

This is the football thread jeffbobcat. You made a cOmplete tit of yourself as per usual furiously searching for predictions made months ago. A sad man.

4 Likes

Practice what you preach. You brought the first reference of hurling on to this thread this afternoon with this post.

Predictably your lame efforts at point scoring ended up backfiring on you spectacularly as you dug an even bigger hole for yourself. You never know when to stop digging.

Admit your wrong little man

You are actually closing in on kevs level of insecurity.

What happened Limerick against Clare? It was a fair trimming.

Limerick football is at all time low. I believe over 60 players turned down the chance to play for the senior team this season. Clare are a decent out fit and were far too strong on the day for limerick.

1 Like

I was referring (as you know) to the hurling and your statement that Limerick’s B team were the only realistic challenge to the A team this year. What happened against Clare?

No. The Galway lad started it and the ref saw that. He was dead right.

2 Likes

This is the Gaelic football thread mate why are you talking about hurling on a Gaelic football thread?

No spud hockey on this thread

3 Likes

You brought hurling into it.
Answer the question on the hurling final thread then. It seems a bit of a conundrum for Limerick posters to answer that question, or actually any question.

You’re the only one talking about spud hockey mate.

Agreed.

Some thoughts:-

• Galway never believed. As soon as they missed that penalty they were cooked. No fire. I feel sorry for Comer who was the only one who really competed with Dublin.
  • Galway have some very lightweight players. Also, WTF is going on with Shane Walsh, is his gf doing the dirt on him or something.
  • Dublin were fairly shite and didn’t really show anything to be afraid of. The last 5 or 6 points were entirely down to the Croke Park atmosphere and Galway entirely surrendering. I would discount them completely in terms of calculating where Dublin are at.
  • McCaffrey MOM.
  • The only thing Dublin did that looked good was flooding their 45 line in the 2nd half. Also Ciaran Kilkenny is still class.
  • Galway didn’t throw the game against Monaghan, theyre just really that shite. Why the sudden collapse? I don’t know. But they lack the players anyhow.

I think both Tyrone and Monaghan have a good chance of doing a job of Dublin but they’ll both need to score goals. Neither Tyrone nor Monaghan have any lightweight players. If it’s Monaghan they’ll play like their lives depend on it and the whole atmosphere of the game will be entirely different. Monaghan completely believe they can beat Dublin, they beat them in Croke Park in the league, it will be time to do a job on the cunts. Also I think Monaghan’s basketball style tactics of flooding their 45 and then attacking patiently and in large numbers will be well suited to playing Dublin. Having said that Tyrone might find it easier to get goals against them.

1 Like

They didn’t go out to lose it. But their opponents went out to not lose or die.

It was sort of weird how well that result against Kerry worked out for Monaghan.

Had they held on, the dynamic for the Galway game would have been very different and Galway probably would have won.

I don’t think so.

That was a really abject second half display by Galway. They were squashed like a bug. What makes it more depressing for them is they played pretty well in the first half. They turned up, played some decent stuff, and then got crushed. Tyrone last year at least had the delusion of having a total systems failure from the word go. Somehow that’s more consoling.

1 Like

Incorrect.
Both players engaged in rough play

Starter irrelevant

But even against Monaghan the collapsed in the 2nd half. I think Galway are just like that. Monaghan / Tyrone will need to be able to cope with Kilkenny dropping back and Dublin crowing out the 45, that will be the key test for them.

Even in the first half Galway were never really firing on all cylinders. They never really looked like a team that were going to win the AI.