2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

That’s no way to talk about your betters

Betters?

We’ll not start. Best of luck pal

1 Like

A win unlikely as it seems will bring him level with Boylan. He’s some hypocrite not talking to RTE.

1 Like

Why do you say that?

All of his Christian preaching. One person made an error in judgment 7 years ago and he still bears a grudge.

And of course the carry on of his teams. He doesn’t like bad language apparently. And the lies about the sky cameras in Omagh.

2 Likes

That explains it. Thanks mate.

You need your hanky again, luv?

I just listened to the John Murray skit.

It’s fucking terrible but hardly something to get your knickers in knot over like this.

#siegementality

Maybe you need some context about it.

Or the fact it was crass and highly insensitive.

Didn’t Jim Gavin refuse to deal with RTÉ because they released a few match tapes?

There’s a bit of honour in Tyrone’s stance, Dublin on the other hand try and force RTÉ to do as they wish.

1 Like

it was certainly the end of RTE’s honeymoon period with Harte

I’ve heard the context and while it was way out of line and very insensitive an apology and admission that it was the wrong thing to do should have been enough.

A seven-year media ban is insane in my opinion.

What did RTÉ do with those responsible for it?

RTÉ’s coverage and commentary on Tyrone since then would have done nothing to soften that stance.

I wouldn’t like to speculate on what RTE did as I wasn’t there and didn’t hear what happened.

I don’t remember the commentary on Tyrone being used as reason for the ban, it’s always been the 2011 skit hasn’t it?

The commentary on Tyrone from RTÉ in the aftermath of the skit has been unfair, reeking of hypocrisy and absolutely with an agenda.

If anything it has served to strengthen the resolve within Tyrone regarding the stance on RTÉ.

Harte is entitled to not want to deal with RTÉ after the personal nature they went after him and his family and he has the backing of the GAA community in Tyrone when doing so.

Harte is entitled to his stance and we are entitled to ridicule him for it

4 Likes

Tyrone should come out and physically assault the dubs just as the ball is thrown in. All 15 of them should fire their man to the ground.

2 Likes

If that’s what they refer to as going after him and his family now in Tyrone then things have changed quite a bit in the last 20 years.