2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

i really hope they up the ante with the verbals and the abuse
what’s the worst type of thing they could say to the likes of cooper and macmahon to get them to snap
surely the likes of Tiernan Macann and Morgan would go to any lengths with the abuse

Using the murder of his daughter to have a pop at him is fine?

No it just makes you look like an uninformed idiot.

I don’t wear a uniform

Where did Murray have a pop at the daughter? Playing ‘A Pretty Little Girl from Omagh’ in the skit? Am I listening to the wrong snippet?

If so send on the link to the proper one.

In fairness the tyrone men are more used to firing themselves to the ground

Have another read of that there.

Maybe using the death of his daughter to have a pop at him. He attended a conference along with his son in law after they had lost someone very close to them in tragic circumstances. RTÉ thought it would be great fun to make a joke out of this situation.

1 Like

Mickey Harte lost all ability to complain about anything when he gave a convicted rapist a character reference

1 Like

Is it worth going to this football final, will it be any kind of a contest? Have watched close to zero of the football championship this year.

He didn’t give a convicted rapist a character reference.

you are sick

The skit was not funny at all and was in very poor taste. Vile stuff altogether. However,it’s the stuff of fantasy to feel ‘RTE’ was behind it or it was some sort of organised attack. A shit presenter and producer under pressure to come up with some content made a terrible decision. Rte management does not micromanage those programmes. They can barely manage to piss without hitting their own legs.

1 Like

Any clarification from RTE about Up for the Match? Grainne was talking on Saturday night about having the Dublin and Monaghan crowd in, in a fortnight.

1 Like

Whether behind it or not, Harte is well within his rights not to want to deal with RTÉ after the way they handled it. What sanctions did the producer and presenter get? As far as I’m aware John Murray is still with RTÉ.

1 Like

Limerick are already the 2018 All Ireland Football Champions (as per the announcer in Croke Park yesterday)

1 Like

The squad, sponsors, backroom team seemingly have no problem with the boycott when they’re within the circle but retired players like Jordan, McGuigan and Cavanagh are RTÉ regulars now. Presumably they see it as showing solidarity with Harte when they’re soldiering with him, but don’t feel strongly enough about it when they move on.

1 Like

I don’t believe poor taste is grounds for being fired in most jobs. Do you think he should have been fired for making a shit comedy sketch?

Russel Brand and Jonathan Ross?

For a state broadcaster you’d imagine that kind of stuff will finish careers.

I think that is it. While Harte is there the ban will continue. I don’t think a whole pile is missed by not having players or manager give interviews other than for the big games when RTÉ expect them and the show is built around it.

Harte’s lack of success has made it a non issue til this year really. Coach Gavin boycotting RTE would be a different kettle of fish.