2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Worst and least exciting build up I can ever remember

2 Likes

You canā€™t polish a turd

Im thinking of giving away my tickets tbh

1 Like

Joe McMahon has gone up in my estimation after reading those articles

1 Like

Knock me over with a feather. Pretend IRA Italian @Cicero_Dandi is a Belfast Telegraph reader.

This will be the easiest All Ireland final to get a ticket for:

• Lack of a large support for the opposition (unlike Mayo) hoovering up tickets all over the country
  • Dublin expected by almost all to win so lack of competitive game in store for neutral
  • Game expected to be dour with Tyrone packing defence and Dublin playing safe keep ball so boring for neutral
  • Even a lot of Dublin supporters I spoke too are blasĆ© about whether they go or not and are not actively looking for tickets.
1 Like

Iā€™m making it my business to go to this All Ireland football final, I havenā€™t been at one since 2002

1 Like

8/1 for Jack McCaffrey FOTY is surely decent value vs. Kilkenny at evens and Fenton 11/4?

• Electric Picnic
2 Likes

Conor McKenna to line out for Tyrone?

OMG!!!

Sure he was promoting a documentary funded by the British State.

I think we have to speculate that he may be a double agent.

Iā€™m against it. Do you not think itā€™s offensive to the players who got you there? Could be Micky Harteā€™s Asprilla moment.

Also, is this lad not a professional sportsman? I respect Tyrone because theyā€™re one of the counties where people really believe in amateurism.

He played this morning for Essendon in their final game win against Port Adelaide. Essendon wonā€™t be playing finals so his season is over

He did it ten years ago when Stephen Oā€™Neill came back before the final.

Oā€™Neill would have had a very long-running relationship with nearly all of the players on that panel, however, which McKenna doesnā€™t have.

I donā€™t think Oā€™Neill is a fair comparison.

Quare desperation.

Itā€™s a very fair comparison in one way in that itā€™s somebody who hasnā€™t been involved at all in that year being parachuted in. For example, had, hypothetically, Gavin Oā€™Mahony come into the Limerick squad before the hurling final it would have been pretty much an identical scenario to Oā€™Neill returning in 2008, ie. a player who has a close relationship with the squad having been a stalwart member of it until a short time before, yet I highly doubt him being parachuted in would have gone down too well.

However, McKenna is a different scenario again in another way in that he is basically a stranger to the team. The most comparable case to this rumoured one is Tadhg Kennelly in 2002. If I remember rightly, he togged out and was in the matchday squad for the final against Armagh, but never came on. But even in that case, Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™d played in an All-Ireland under-21 semi-final two weeks before that.

Paidi Oā€™Se got a lot of criticism in Kerry for not bringing him on. Personally, I wouldnā€™t have had him near the squad in the first place.

Kenneally was training with them in the lead up to final, in the end Paidi didnā€™t tog him the day of the final despite the speculation and temptation

Paul Mcgrane ran the show in that second half around midfield. Maybe Tadgh should have been brought on to do what he did to Nicholas Murphy?

1 Like

If Kennelly had ever tried anything with McGrane heā€™d have ended up seeing a load of leprechauns doing Irish jigs around his brain.

3 Likes