2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Not tyrone though

Any use?

Sidney’s assessment that Junior and Intermediate success is a better indicator of the overall health of a game within a county is correct in my opinion and the Roman was saying the same thing.

By way of example, one of the clubs in Monaghan that have done well at Junior level in recent years is Emyvale. They have Ryan McAnespie playing for them, whom some here have suggested deserves an all star this year (although I don’t agree with that). You don’t get players like that playing junior football in Derry and it’s a good example how Junior and Intermediate success is part of what makes Monaghan stronger than Derry.

Its great to see fourm heavy weights going toe to toe

a few more did too I think, defo Brian McGilligan perhaps Johnny McGurk

often saw the Downeys sipping ale in Kennedys Drumcondra on all Ireland hurling final day

Gaelic Football is dying. Cork and Meath the joint 4th most successful counties have given up on it. Down and Derry have given up on it in Ulster. Offaly packed it in within a few years of winning their 3rd All Ireland in just over a decade.

3 Likes

They’ve had decent underage teams for years, decent school sides yet they consistently fall out with each other and try and denigrate each other.

You have to laugh at the hate @glenshane has for Harte when you look at the way guys like Paddy Bradley and Eamonn Coleman were disgracefully treated by their own county men after all they gave to Derry. Derry people are their own worst enemies.

Personally, any Ulster side that is there at the end will have my backing, but Derry are beyond help, they’ll look to sabotage themselves in the end.

In the words of the prophet, that’s a load of cock and balls

You posted and lauded some stupid article which talked about the 50 strong clubs in tyrone. I’m just pointing out that no tyrone club has as much as made an appearance in a senior club final. How is it irrelevant… how is it even possible?

Doesn’t seem to be much neutral interest in it. I gave away my tickets today.

Im struggling to get rid of mine. Cant find anyone for em

little or no neutral alright, de dubs getting tired of it too

Could anyone throw a spare ticket my way?

Tyrone have 50 strong clubs. Derry have 1.

I’ll send you a pm if I come by any more before Sunday.

1 Like

The narrative this year outwith Dublin , Kerry , Tyrone , mayo , donegal and Monaghan is that in many counties an awful lot of young men are turning down a chance to play senior IC football . To be honest it is hard to blame them when the governing body load the dice in favor on the most populous county . In fact it is perfectly rational behavior .

2 Likes

ok Tank

I have a friend with 2 hill16 that wants to swap them with 2 side by side or close enough stand tickets if anyone can help with that! his son is bit young for the hill

The big top of the table clash. Watford v Spurs at 4pm on Sunday is a big counter attraction as well.

3 Likes

With the demise of Arsenal this could be considered the meaningful north London derby.

1 Like

derby too

1 Like