2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The full time coaches have virtually nothing to do with this Dublin team.

Ffs Colm Parkinson was GDA when some of these lads were coming through. How many have Parnells produced? :joy:

The dublin team as a stand alone senior side has fuck all advantages other than the travel one over some counties. But itā€™s really a small few, Mayo being one.

Many dubs would be stuck in traffic longer than Meath/Kildare/wicklow lads going back to training.

Cork have no issues really like that.
Kerry have a vouple but I know in 2 cases they choose to be in Cork over getting jobs at home, and again the journey is not excessive.

I am sure some sligo/Rosscommin/Donegal players suffer. But thatā€™s life.

Itā€™s hard to imagine money sorting that out

1 Like

Sure Wexford have lads who can choose to give up working to play full time GAA.

Lots of county teams have students and teachers who are able to devote huge amounts of free time to the GAA.

Crokes have two full time coaches. They are spread amongst 130 teams. Their main job is to try and help parents who have no GAA backgrounds coach the kids running workshops and providing some guidance.

The next Dublin manager will struggle to replicate what Gavin has done.

1 Like

Colm was never a GDA Kev

Not him Begley and Sheehan no?

At Parnells?

What did he do/does he do?

Begley was, and heā€™s a fine GDA tbf, currently working Laois GAA. JOL is also I believe, but at Brigidā€™s. Colm worked in the IFSC, and was happy to take coin for no work from Parnells. Heā€™s now the man behind the best GAA Podcast in ireland.

1 Like

Ya Begley seems on the ball alright.

Liked by most who encountered him

Point stands. Itā€™s not the reason dubs are successful

Ah heā€™s a bit of a jack the lad but heā€™s got his head well screwed on when it comes to his work. Has a great way about him.

Parnells are a clownshow

Who was the last Irish sports journalist to have the impact of Ewan MacKenna? Eamon Dunphy?
1 Like

Thatā€™s a monumental clamping of Ewan by our anonymous friend.

3 Likes

Someone set up a wordpress webpage to create a blog for the sole purpose of trying to ridicule Ewan McKenna? I hope that wasnt you Sid. What a sad bastard.

Another burying the head in the sand piece though. Going on about other counties and their centres of excellence, but yet in the same piece mentions 3 separate grounds where Dublin have access to train at, all provided by public funds. bemoaning having their Gym gear taken away from Abbotstown, a state of the art centre that they had access to and funded by taxpayers.

MacKenna will never have to pay rent again, he is living rent free in Dublin in about a million homes.

3 Likes

Like i said, they are the stupidest people in the country. Loud noise, zero introspection. That ā€˜articleā€™ is the perfect illustration

A lot of lads here are suffering from Dublin Derangement Syndrome (DDS).

The flat earthersā€™ seethe is absolutely glorious.

Iā€™m finding the seethe from Dublin fans all the better. ā€œweā€™re the best ever, appreciate us, give us attention, fuck off with your financial dopingā€.

Everyone is seething.

2 Likes

I think youā€™ll find that having won four All-Irelands in a row and six in eight years, Dublin supporters are definitely not the ones seething, mate.

1 Like

Money, numbers, games at home all the factors that bought them all irelands, and they cant address any of them. Fascinating

1 Like

thats true. Setting up a website with the sole aim of replying to a freelance journalist living in Brazil is the act of someone enjoying Dublins success alright.

Dublin should take a look at how Limerick are reacting. They won the hurling all ireland and are now the best team to have ever lived. They do not give a shit what anyone else says and dont listen to the shite at all. Too busy beering and enjoying the best under 13 club hurling championship in Ireland

2 Likes

Of course itā€™s nothing to do with the fact that the current Dublin team is the greatest team in the history of Gaelic football. :joy:

Victory is about leaving your rivals and begrudgers broken and prostrate at your feet.

And thatā€™s exactly where they are.

And thatā€™s the way we like it.

1 Like

These are Gaelic footballā€™s asterisk years.

1 Like

Dublin pay rent for all three facilities.