2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Yes, as they should.

Now to get many gyms and other facilities built around the country for GAA teams to use and not finance, but instead just pay rent for it.

1 Like

Careful now, the lads donā€™t like truth.

1 Like

Jesus but Ewan has them petrified

Thatā€™s a huge clamping for @Gman here. He is letting his petty hatred cloud his judgement.

3 Likes

Wexford received funding from Croke Park for Ferns. Cork received 30 million for Pairc ui Chaoimh. Iā€™m pretty sure there is a gym there. Lots of counties have lovely Croke Park funded Centres of Excellence but shite teams. We have no centre of excellence but the greatest team of all time. I prefer our model. Pardon the pun.

no hatred here pal. Dublin are the best football team I have ever witnessed playing. They have exceptional players throughout the whole squad. I would have seen a few of them on minor teams up along the way having seen our lads being beaten by them. Dublin though have a massive amount of advantages, some natural, some enforced. Cā€™est la vie. Just seems a lot are head in the sand about it.

I do too. It is ideal. Similar to Croke Park, not needing a big county ground to cater for supporters, having a small one that will do for club finals etc. Because of colleges and sports facilities in the capital, it would be a complete waste for Dublin to spurge cash on something that is available throughout the city. They are putting funds to good use. However that option wasnt there for Ferns as an example, no facilities in bogs like Wexford unless you fancy running on beaches for all your trainings.

Yep. Itā€™s a shame heā€™s such an absolute mentaller. Fascinating to watch.

They canā€™t handle the truth. When the Drive For Five is successfully in the bag these cunts will need counselling. The screeching will be unbearable.

2 Likes

Games at home was a significant benefit, but such is life. Dublin have just had the good fortune that a great group of players intersected with great management, facilitated presumably by a highly competent county board. Sin e e.

2 Likes

Youā€™d think the screeching and shrieking could hardly get any louder than it already is, but Iā€™m sure Mary Whitehouse and friends can give it a good go next year.

Normally screeching and shrieking is very unpleasant to listen to, but the sound of this particular orgy of screeching and shrieking is very pleasurable indeed.

May the screaming Marys shriek until they explode.

1 Like

Player pool and money also huge benefits pal. Look at their success in senior and underage before and after the money started helping out. The thing thats insane, and i mean that, is that they have huge natural advantages, and all you can do is look on and wish it was an even playing field, but you cant say much, but when the gaa itself and the government, supposedly neutral bodies, step in and give a team with all the advantages, even more in terms of huge funding, it stinks to the high heavens. Why havenā€™t the gaa put money into offaly, laois, westmeath kerry hurlers if their aim really was games improvement.

Wexford is far from a bog. There are clubs with excellent facilities all over the county not to mention a couple of county grounds with scope for building gyms etc. Would Wexford not have been better off investing in coaching players rather than infrastructure?

Davy will probably leave a burnt out Wexford team behind him next summer with 200K in his arse pocket. Iā€™m sure Banty got well paid for doing a shit job with your footballers. Would that money not have been better spent on Coaching and Games? I suppose itā€™s easier screech about Dublin and financial doping than answer these type of questions.

3 Likes

Those markets are irrelevant, the GGA needs Dublin.

1 Like

Needs them for what? Why are they irrelevant?

For driving cunts like you fucking mental.

6 Likes

Davy is managing a hurling team . It is considerably more difficult to play hurling than football a discipline that largely involves , Athleticism and hand passing .

Dublin and the GAA have taken the easy option winning football titles which also generates huge money

If you cant debate like an adult, and just want to make loud noise, im sure theres a forum for that. Not sure why you are bothered posting here with all the culchies, you seem like you would enjoy an echo chamber.

It doesnā€™t bother you at all that there are serious questions about why dublin won all irelands. Or is hands over the ears time?

no one is screeching pal. If you want me to answer I will.

what clubs all over the county have excellent facilities? And what county grounds? There are no clubs with facilities that would sustain a club and a county set up. The Ferns development has every age group from 13 to adult training in it. Previously, it would be left to individual team set ups to try find a ground they could train on and it would be a week to week set up. Sometimes club fixtures or club training would then get in the way. Ferns has dressing rooms and a gym with 4 full size pitches and training areas. No club has anything like it to sustain having all county teams in one set up. Much more effective, despite the initial outlay.

Bellefield is the next ā€œbiggestā€ county ground with zero scope for development. It is owned by a club too, not the county. Similar to New Ross and Gorey, county grounds capable, but owned by the clubs themselves. Patricks park is the other county ground that is owned by the county board but is really not in a good area for development further than it is. Ferns, or at least its concept, was the only real viable option. The predecessors in the county board made a huge fuck up with it all though and lost a heap of money through buying grounds in Oylegate and then selling them at a loss. It hindered money at lower levels as funding was tightened across the board.

In the meantime, prior to Ferns starting, Wexford has increased the number of full time coaching staff. There has been a massive change in the level of coaching being done, arguably 10 years too late missing the boat after the 96 win.

Banty in my opinion was an abject failure. Apparently, there wasnt too much spent on him though, I dont know, but even if it was minimal, it was a waste. Davys financing and costs is not hindering any development at all. There is one very public backer and one even bigger private backer. Davy is box office, to steal a phrase, and the fortunes of the team getting into Div 1 and last years Leinster final has seen increased popularity and attendances. The public fundraising for events like the trip to New York etc has also been successful. so whilst a heap of money may well be thrown at Davy, it is self generating. It is far from ideal, but the Wexford funds and coaching expenditure will not be at all negatively effected by him nor has any funds been spent away from him.

There is a bigger drive now to get GPOs working with clubs throughout under a new Leinster coaching initiative. Clubs will pay up to ā‚¬15k per annum to get a coach in the club for a year. Some of the urban clubs already have this in place and rural clubs are now looking to it. Financing them is not easy though, clubs here are very small.

You are replying to a hill 16 blowhard who wouldnā€™t go to a club game if it killed him, do you honestly expect a response to that well thought out post