2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Not in the slightest pal. It’s just sour grapes from headcases like McKenna and Parkinson. This Dublin team will run out of road in the next few years. I believe they are in decline already but there is no one out there good enough to capitalize yet. Kerry will take over soon and dominate to the same if not greater extent than Dublin. All the anti Dublin loons like yourself, @myboyblue @Gman etc will be happy because for some reason getting hammered by Kerry makes ye feel better than getting hammered by the Dubs. I’m going to enjoy this while it lasts because winter will come and it’s going to be fucking freezing.

1 Like

Obviously getting beaten by a team who built themselves from their own hard work is easier to take than a team who benefited from huge government and gaa funding. Are you for real?

I was at 2 club games last week. Na Fianna v Crokes SHC and Boden v Cuala SHC. If you look at the CLub CHampionship thread I posted some live updates/ I also coached my clubs u8 hurlers in a Go Games Blitz in St Peregrines on Saturday and trained the Clubs u16 camogie girls on Saturday evening. A pretty typical week for me. Meanwhile your sole contribution to the GAA last week was to come on here calling Dublin people Cheating scumbags.

7 Likes

Dublins main advantage in my opinion actually lies in the fact that football is ingrained deeply in its culture these days, and that if a kid wants a bit of fresh air and exercise, it’s easier to go playing football than wander off down the farm, or away to the lake or sea or just out and about.

Hopping like a sausage

Its not deeply ingrained though. Its a soccer city.

If there is any truth in the nonsense you and Spewan are peddling Kerry won’t take over. Dublin according to ye lunatics are going to win 20 in a row. Which is it?

Ah it is. Its ingrained in a large swathe. Up the dubs is a football cry, and football only.

The 4 in a row against that adversity is all the more notable.

1 Like

I never said kerry were going to take over, you did? Dublin financial help along with other advantages will keep them on top, with the occasional crumb.

Whats amazing with all your club involvement is you wouldn’t like to see a situation where those kids chances of playing senior championship are maximized, ie if dublin was split into four

I live in dublin bro. Up the dubs for a few weeks in late summer. Premier league rules for 9 months or so.

I disagree here, whilst kerry may claw back towards parity, no one will dominate this Dublin set up for the foreseeable future. Its more likely to become like kilkenny in the hurling, which is a shame in some ways. Counties will just emulate Dublin until parity is reached, making the entire senior county scene one which requires subjugation of chunks of a players life if they want to be competitive. Its just the way its gone. Too many oul fellas wanting success for their teams too much. This is being mirrored at club level.

I don’t so I’m judging from afar, but the Dublin senior footballers have attracted a following for as long as I can remember.

25k at league games in Croke Park in February would suggest otherwise.

They have a summer following, far less league and non existent club crowd for a population of 1.4 million. Its a jolly up at the business end of the summer for lots, anything but ingrained. Yes they have a hard core support but from a total population its negligible.

I see less and less soccer in this city and more and more gga, especially in inner city north side. It’s starting to go like the south side is rugby and the north side is gga and a little soccer in both of them.

Can’t agree with that, soccer dwarves both. There isn’t actually a huge number of rugby clubs at all.

Out of interest what would be the combined home attendance of Bohs, St. Pat’s Athletic, Shamrock Rovers & Shelbourne? I’m guessing slightly over 25,000?

If we dominate for the next 10 or 15 years that discussion will need to take place.I don’t believe we will however. Also the whole 32 county structure would need to be looked at, at the same time with a view to splitting or amalgamating counties depending on their size/success.

Not even close. It would take them at least 2 home games each to reach 25k