2019 LOI season premier division- #thegreatestleagueintheworld

Yep. Shat on the cunts

Well done Rovers.

Bradley & Barrett are the two best young managers in the LOI.

Magnificent goalkeeping error in the Finn Harps game.

We fucking left ye,won’t dwell on the clearly onside goal,and denied penalty- too easy for rovers,city were awfullllll,so bad I sat in the car from halftime,fully deserved win,Greg Bolger by far the best man on the field,and delighted he got a great reception from the shed

We shat on ourselves

Worse than dire- lucky rovers haven’t got a few really good forwards, could have been 4/5

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy if you aren’t chanting “I just can’t McEnuf” at games you need to sort your life out

5 Likes

UCD are surely the hipsters team of choice once again this season
they were meant to have been outstanding last night v Waterford in a 4-1 win
Farrugia and Yoyo Mahdy will obviosuly delight the St.Pauli type of fan but the fact they are irish as well is an added boost
the game last night was apparantly a cracking game between two very well organised and functional teams
Colin O Neil again in a similar vein to say Martin Russell in 2009/10 when he had the MacMillan brothers ( cc @Bandage ) , Paul Corry and later Robbie Benson are presiding over a club that jiust bring thru marquee footballers albeit played in front of a crowd of 110 people

UCD playing Slovan Bratislava in the 2015/16 UEFA cup second round qualifiers was a peak hipseter moment
who scored for them again?

1 Like

How good is Jack Byrne?

1 Like

@mickee321 just looking at the underage leagues in Ireland there. How does UCD u-15’s & U-17s work? Obviously they can’t be college students. Are they partnered with someone

Irish verrati mate

How good is Jack Byrne lads?

the best

yes interesting i was taking about this with a referee lately
i believe they are linked with Mount Merrion FC and have taken some players thru from there BUT like any LOI club they will hold trials also for their teams that are really open to the public
I dont know much about Mount Merrion AFC put it certainly is a great leg in the door to a university for lads in terms of a scholarship
We have Farrugia and Mahdy in the U21 national side at the moment who are studying in UCD/playing LOI and you’d like to think those lads are in a better space in life than the likes of the famous Rhys Greco Cox whose time on the Woking bench and English background was enough to convince Noel King he was the man to lead our U21s attack

We went to your manor which is a kip and we destroyed u.
U hid in ur car cos u knew rovers firm were there looking for u
I’ll knife u yet u cunt

1 Like

I think the new youth structure is a big step forward. Should bring rewards for the national side in the next five or six years. Few speed bumps at the start but partnerships with St Kevins and Bohs etc are a nice compromise.

Just need the FAI to realise some plastic Paddy trundling around league 2 is not a step above a LOI player and we might make some real progress. I’d go as far as to ban non Irish based players from international squads up to u19 or something to encourage more lads to stay at home. At least if they don’t “make it” then, which hardly any of them are anymore, they can play LOI and still have the chance of getting a move when they are older if good enough. I’d say there are more Irish lads who’ve made the breakthrough at LOI and been signed by a club, than actual Irish lads who came through academies to make it in the UK already. Lads that go to the UK and fail seem to fall out of the game altogether.

I remember playing against that fella “Joxer” Kelly as a young lad in the Kennedy Cup. Even at 12/13 you could tell he was a different class of operator altogether. The whole tournament was buzzing about him and there was a sideline full of scouts at all their games. Over to Liverpool then too young, got homesick and quit. Did a few seasons at Bohs after to be fair but he was a shell of the footballer that went over. Fell out of love with the game as they say. Had he came through at Bohs his career would have had a different trajectory altogether IMO. Would have moved to the UK when he was more mature and better equiped.

Something else I think the FAI should be doing is making an effort to get more older lads signed by lower teams in other countries in Europe like Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal etc. rather than them going to play hoofball in the SPL or League one.

1 Like

joxer’s ma sucked dick

Informative

20 minutes gone in the Stadium of Light
Derry lead 2-0 and Pats down to 10 men, again.
It’s raining as well.